SIGNED CB Boaz Joseph

Ed Helms

Yup. 195 to 200 is plenty for a safety. A little less would still be alright with the right skills. Sure, it would be great to have 225 pound freaks playing safety, but those are rare and I care a lot more about coverage skills and tackling ability than bulk.

Yup. 195 to 200 is plenty for a safety. A little less would still be alright with the right skills. Sure, it would be great to have 225 pound freaks playing safety, but those are rare and I care a lot more about coverage skills and tackling ability than bulk.

Agreed. Mike brown and mike minter, two of our greatest safties, played around 190. Ill take attitude and instincts over that extra 25 lbs anyday!

I am not worried about our DB recruiting this year at all. We have some SOLID prospects who have us in their top 3.

-Priest Willis

-Dashon Hunt

-Mackenzie Alexander (hasn't visited but LOVES coach Joseph)

-Johnathan Cook (Though committed... it's soft. He's more of a prospect than a commit)

- Boaz Joseph (like said above, really really good athlete who just needs coaching)

We are VERY apt to land 2 of these guys. And our safety position is already filled with solid commits.