SIGNED CB Boaz Joseph

Ed Helms

This is a strange offer to me... Why? Well we have plenty of bodies at DB, just need more elite talent. I think this kid has the skillset of a Safety but the size of a corner.... so I don't really see him seeing the field here. He can't move his hips well enough to be a CB or NB, but he's not big enough to be a safety... interesting.

This is a strange offer to me... Why? Well we have plenty of bodies at DB, just need more elite talent. I think this kid has the skillset of a Safety but the size of a corner.... so I don't really see him seeing the field here. He can't move his hips well enough to be a CB or NB, but he's not big enough to be a safety... interesting.

I'm not a professional evaluator of hip movement, but I didn't see anything in that video that proved that he has fast or slow hips. 75% of the plays were run plays and I didn't see a single pass play where he had to turn his his hips quickly and run. It appears that their coaches are teaching them to line up halfway turned to the receiver so you don't really get to see him turn quickly. Is there a specific point in the video where you noticed he can't move his hips well? Maybe I'm not looking at the same video.

No disrespect, but i'm sure the coaches have a reason. one that comes to mind, is maybe just getting a foothold back in the south, especially Florida.

I'm going to throw out a wild speculation that the coaches offered him because they think he can excel at the game of football.

No disrespect, but i'm sure the coaches have a reason. one that comes to mind, is maybe just getting a foothold back in the south, especially Florida.

I'm going to throw out a wild speculation that the coaches offered him because they think he can excel at the game of football.

Totally agree, i don't think you waste an offer on a kid that you don't believe will reach the field on gameday just to land another kid. just throwin out one scenario. with more schollies to throw out this year, they can take chances on a kid that they believe has a high ceiling

• 2 weeks later...

I have faith in the staff, they turned a running back into a first round corner in Prince Amukamara. With that said however this kid does not need some work. Does not tackle well, hits high or wraps up high. But he has a good motor stays with the play and gets off blocks well so he can definitely be turned into a good cornerback or safety. He is tall too and I like that we are recruiting tall cornerbacks.

I have faith in the staff, they turned a running back into a first round corner in Prince Amukamara. With that said however this kid does not need some work. Does not tackle well, hits high or wraps up high. But he has a good motor stays with the play and gets off blocks well so he can definitely be turned into a good cornerback or safety. He is tall too and I like that we are recruiting tall cornerbacks.

As stated above, elite level athlete and a very raw football player. If I had to take a guess, I'd say he didnt start playing football until HS or well into HS. Looks like a big physical track runner, which isn't a bad thing at all. He has all of the physical tools needed. Just needs to be coached.

As stated above, elite level athlete and a very raw football player. If I had to take a guess, I'd say he didnt start playing football until HS or well into HS. Looks like a big physical track runner, which isn't a bad thing at all. He has all of the physical tools needed. Just needs to be coached.

Yea, I can see that comparison to track runner. I would like to see him get to 210 in a couple years if he comes here. That way when he hits he actual knocks them down instead of having to wrap up high after a hit.