Biggest Key to victory over Sparty

Keys to Victory  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Obviously to win any football game, it takes a combo of everything listed in the poll...but I think we really need to establish the run game early. Sparty has a pretty salty D and we need to establish our dominance right off the bat. Best way to do this is cram the ball down their throat.

Obviously to win any football game, it takes a combo of everything listed in the poll...but I think we really need to establish the run game early. Sparty has a pretty salty D and we need to establish our dominance right off the bat. Best way to do this is cram the ball down their throat.

The thing is, you try to crap their ball down their throat, it won't work. Wisconsin tried it, Michigan tried it, tOSU tried it, and the only two things that have worked, was a mobile QB, and airing the ball out. We need to take a few deep shots, spread them out, make sure they pay for it if they press, and hope Taylor makes a change at the line of scrimmage if he finds something open. We show them we are a threat over the air, it will open the ability to run. We go out and just try to run the ball, we will have a lot of, fast, 3 and outs.

I said defense is #1. I think defense is the #1 requirement on any given Saturday to win a football game. Sparty has been shut down plenty this year, and this should be an accomplishable task. I've watched MSU a few times, and here's my breakdown:

-obviously a good, physical D. No surprise here, and it will take a physical game by our offense to establish the running game.

-Le'Veon Bell is a beast. Probably one of the best RBs in the nation and is a huge guy. We will need to clog the running lanes and gang tackle him.

-MSU has a good TE (I think his name is Sims). He appears to be Maxwell's favorite target and we will need to blanket him with SJB and/or Ciante and/or one of the safeties.

-their offensive line is below average. If our D plays physical, we should be able to shut their running game down much like we did against Wisconsin.

I think we win this by 2 scores if we play anywhere near we are capable of.

I said defense shutting them down. The offense has proven to me that they can and will score pretty much on anyone. I would be absolutely shocked if we don't score more than 25-30 points on Sparty. That is even if they cough up the ball a couple times.

However, the two games we have lost this year the defense completely fell apart.

I am very optimistic about what I have seen since the OSU game on offense. I think the coaches have made some very good adjustments and the players are playing hard.

I believe our D will shut down MSU like we did Michigan. We win.

Not turning the ball over, was my vote. Yes defense wins games, but it shouldn't have to be as hard as it has been for them. Our turn overs on our end of the field, puts to much pressure on the Black shirts, week in and week out. The defense is getting better each week, but it would be nice to see the offense, take some pressure off them for a change.

GBR!!!