Why we should consider a new Off Coordinator

Flashes of brilliance framed in general incompetance. Too early to change. I blame Bo for hiring a guy who's only expirience was being a OC at Missouri State for one year. I guess we're stuck with him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Beck_(American_football,_born_1966)

With his first head coaching title realized, Beck returned to the college coaching ranks in 1996 by accepting an assistant coaching position at Missouri State, and was promoted to Offensive Coordinator for the 1998 season. In his one year as MSU's offensive coordinator, the Bears amassed 4,542 all-purpose offensive yards, the fourth-highest mark in the university's 91-year history.

Missouri State has a HORRIBLE football team. It has since the Board of Governors destroyed out program by forbidding us from recruiting outside of southwest Missouri (that decision didn't last long, but the repercussions have). Taking our horrible team and turning its offense into one of the best in program history isn't a bad thing.

That being said, every OC had to get their first shot in FBS. Deal with the growing pains while he gets used to the position and we could have an offense that puts even unstoppable Oregon to shame.

I love how we are hearing quotes of "this is what happens when you hire a high school football coach". Yet, 1) some of the most successful football coaches today started in highschool (e.g., Art Briles, Frank Solich), 2) when I think highschool, i think of a coach who finds a successful play and runs it till it doesn't work anymore, i.e., checkers vs. chess, 3) our OC received the praise of Urban Meyer last year (during a game he called).. he referred to the playcalling as "dynamic" and was very flattering.

On a different note, on that sweep, to clear the line of scrimmage we had to bring the house. If you want to blame anybody for Beck not calling more run plays on short yardage, blame Cotton and the line since they haven't shown over the last several games that they can handle the responsibility.

Its topics like this that make me want to stop reading this board. We scored 28 points, missed a field goal and then threw an interception in the red zone. Good God we could have scored 38 points against a very very good defense. Now some of your want to fire Beck. There is just no making some of you happy. Sure he gets brain dead at times but for the most part i think he has done an excellent job this year. One week you want Bo gone, then you want Beck gone. So much negativity for a staff and a bunch of kids that don't give up and have found ways to win games late. Shame on you guys.

What i saw that i didnt like was that the toss outside seemed to work but we only called it once or twice. Its been like that all yr. Get big yards on the toss and then never call it again. The power run game to the outside should be our go to play we need 3 yards call it. We always seem to game 5 to 7 with it.

Shawn Watson, like my ex-wife, I wouldn't wish on anyone...

Those bad days Dude is talking about are post-injury, which everyone has always used as a pretty legitimate excuse for Taylor's drop in play in 2010...when defending Taylor.

I would wish Shawn Watson on Louisville. But that's just me. I'm a little cold hearted. :P

It's been a little over a year, and it's almost at times we're seeing the same thing.

Our offense will find something that works, and instead of exploiting it, we'll do what ever won't work. When our offense has a break out game, all of a sudden he'll have it figured out, but within a week, the old Beck returns.

Shawn Watson wasted 3 years worth of good defenses because he was a crap offensive coordinator. The current defense is good, but not on the same level as previous years. Beck needs to realize that he's becoming a hinderance to this team, and the sooner that he figures it out, the better. The zone read is effective, and we've got the tools to run it, but we need an offensive coordinator that will commit more to it.

Ok...so run the zone read more.....tmart gets hurt. Then what?

Or...run the zone read more...then we all start complaining about not using our speedy, talented WR's

Or...run the zone read more and then fans complain our offense is not diverse enough, we need a new OC.

News flash....we have one of the highest scoring offenses in the nation. We just rolled up over 300 yards on the ground off a defense that lets up under 100 yards.

I love the job Beck has done....we are extremely diverse and keep many defenses completely off balance.

• Fire 3
It's been a little over a year, and it's almost at times we're seeing the same thing.

Our offense will find something that works, and instead of exploiting it, we'll do what ever won't work. When our offense has a break out game, all of a sudden he'll have it figured out, but within a week, the old Beck returns.

Shawn Watson wasted 3 years worth of good defenses because he was a crap offensive coordinator. The current defense is good, but not on the same level as previous years. Beck needs to realize that he's becoming a hinderance to this team, and the sooner that he figures it out, the better. The zone read is effective, and we've got the tools to run it, but we need an offensive coordinator that will commit more to it.

Or...run the zone read more...then we all start complaining about not using our speedy, talented WR's

Or...run the zone read more and then fans complain our offense is not diverse enough, we need a new OC.

News flash....we have one of the highest scoring offenses in the nation. We just rolled up over 300 yards on the ground off a defense that lets up under 100 yards.

I love the job Beck has done....we are extremely diverse and keep many defenses completely off balance.

This.

This thread is ridic. We're in the top 15 of total offense rankings, and we're top 10 in rushing offense. The defense we just played is top 5 in total d, and we just exceeded their average points per game by ten plus. Sorry we didn't score every possession and that our QB made a few horrendous throws, but that's no reason to go full meltdown and call for the OC's head. He doesn't make all of the right calls all of the time, but what coach does? This sort of complaining seems awful entitled considering that this team went through the debacle that was Shawn Watson...

• Fire 1