Why we should consider a new Off Coordinator

Option 1. Pistol Formation: 1st down - zone read, 2nd down - zone read, 3rd down - PA pass.

Option 2. Pistol Formation: 1st down - zone read, 2nd down - PA pass, 3rd down - QB draw.

I would take Option 2. Mixing it up keeps the defense guessing, especially in the same formation. Rather than Option 1 where you run zone read 2 out of 3 times. Eventually the defense will figure you out, and once the defense figures you out, its too late. You have to change your strategy, and now the defense will have an easier time finding out when you are running the zone read or something else.

I agree, Beck should have gone with some more zone read, and i didn't understand why we waited until 3rd down to bring in Janovich and Cross on the goal line. But I would rather see Beck settle into his role as OC than ditch him and go another year or two of implementing a new offense.

Guys, if you disagree strongly with the thread and you feel like arguing the point, do so. If you don't, don't attempt to derail it.

There's "trolling derp" and then there's "Derping up anything I don't agree with derp"; both are derpy. If that gets the point across any better :lol:

Thanks.

Guys, if you disagree strongly with the thread and you feel like arguing the point, do so. If you don't, don't attempt to derail it.

There's "trolling derp" and then there's "Derping up anything I don't agree with derp"; both are derpy. If that gets the point across any better :lol:

Thanks.

So..+we+can+t+post+pony+reaction+pictures+in+non-pony+content+_03aa9c13e14769ee7c0636b6090d3149.jpg

At times the play calling does make me pull my hair out but we Just came out on top of one of the best defenses in the country and over all the points are getting on the board. What I don't like is that we are quick to get lined up but then so slow to snap the ball, I'd like to see more plays go off just seconds after the ref sets the ball.

I don't think the benchmark should be to rank in the top x of national total offense, or to be better than Shawn Watson. I think it should be to best utilize the talent you are given. And ultimately my opinion is sort of a middle ground of what's being expressed in this thread.

Yardage is great but it never tells the whole story. Being 15th in the country is great, but I suspect we have the offensive weapons to be in the top five. Scoring 28 against a really good defense is great, but in the context of today's game, we could have scored quite a few more. The first drive (and I use that word lightly) was pretty baffling and an absolutely terrible way to start a tough road game. The third quarter was beyond frustrating offensively and showed a total domination by Narduzzi over Beck in halftime gameplanning/adjustments.