Why we should consider a new Off Coordinator

Guys, if you disagree strongly with the thread and you feel like arguing the point, do so. If you don't, don't attempt to derail it.

There's "trolling derp" and then there's "Derping up anything I don't agree with derp"; both are derpy. If that gets the point across any better :lol:

Thanks.

This is why I posted the "thin the herd thread in the woodshed"

How is Mich St feeling about their DC right now? Giving up TD(!) to a team w no time outs!

How is Ok St feeling about their OC? They were the #1 offense in the country coming into their game.

What about USC? They have a top 10 QB, preseason top 5 and they've lost what, 3 games?

Beck does a great job for us.

our offense is not a problem this year. If any play calling is subject, why didn't Bo punt and pin em?

But even that didn't matter, CUZ WE WON!!

We won the freaking game. We won.

Yardage is great but it never tells the whole story. Being 15th in the country is great, but I suspect we have the offensive weapons to be in the top five.

That's weird...because I'm certain I've heard from plenty of people that we don't recruit well, nor do we have great player development - if neither of those things are in the top five, I wonder how we have a potential top-five offense.

How is Mich St feeling about their DC right now? Giving up TD(!) to a team w no time outs!

How is Ok St feeling about their OC? They were the #1 offense in the country coming into their game.

What about USC? They have a top 10 QB, preseason top 5 and they've lost what, 3 games?

our offense is not a problem this year. If any play calling is subject, why didn't Bo punt and pin em?

That was a football game? I thought they were starting basketball early in the Pac12.

Moot point now, but I was wondering the same thing at the time.

Ok...so run the zone read more.....tmart gets hurt. Then what?

Or...run the zone read more...then we all start complaining about not using our speedy, talented WR's

Or...run the zone read more and then fans complain our offense is not diverse enough, we need a new OC.

News flash....we have one of the highest scoring offenses in the nation. We just rolled up over 300 yards on the ground off a defense that lets up under 100 yards.

I love the job Beck has done....we are extremely diverse and keep many defenses completely off balance.

Run the same amount of zone read. But when you see things working, don't stop doing it. Need to line up a RB and a FB for starters. Pound the rock, utilize the speed WR's for playaction, and maybe even throw Kyler Reed the ball. Thought he was one of our brightest spots, but he's been invisible this year. We have one of the best offenses in a weak division. Like being biggest baddass on an island full of 98lbs weaklings. I've gotten to the point of seeing to much Watson in Beck. We all saw it last year, and a few points this year.

We get stuffed one time, and Beck goes away from it for like 10 plays. The sweep was working all day. Heard should have been brought in to spell Ameer. Cross should be running between the tackles. We should be using the run to set up the pass not the other way around.

• Fire 1

It's been a little over a year, and it's almost at times we're seeing the same thing.

Our offense will find something that works, and instead of exploiting it, we'll do what ever won't work. When our offense has a break out game, all of a sudden he'll have it figured out, but within a week, the old Beck returns.

Shawn Watson wasted 3 years worth of good defenses because he was a crap offensive coordinator. The current defense is good, but not on the same level as previous years. Beck needs to realize that he's becoming a hinderance to this team, and the sooner that he figures it out, the better. The zone read is effective, and we've got the tools to run it, but we need an offensive coordinator that will commit more to it.

Beck and our offense have been consistently improving. Only one game this season were we completely blown out, and we stilled scored plenty of points to win that game. I believe Beck will only get better, as will our offense and the talent we have. As far as Shawn Watson, he may not have fit with NU, but last time I looked he is the OC of an undefeated Louisville team. As far as the game today, there were too many dropped balls and mistakes. We had better clean that up before we meet a stout PSU defense. Go Big Red!

Zoogs, go ahead and lock this up, I was trying to have a decent discussion about my lack of faith in our OC, but then the derp troop showed up...

You brought the "derp". The "troop" is just trying to clean it up. The original post had zero chance of turning into a good conversation.

Why? It is a legitimate bitch.