Why we should consider a new Off Coordinator

I think Walks is getting roasted for a kneejerk reaction that started a thread with when the 4th quarter was just starting. This is why I stay off the board during the game. This team is hell on emotions. It goes one extreme to the other within that 3 1/2 hour slot. The other mistake he has made is continuing to back up his initial point and not say "sorry, kneejerk comment. carry on"

I think....

I don't understand all the hate for Beck. Although I am often stunned by his play calling, the results speak for themselves. NU has consistently put up more points than average against every team they have played, and have often scored more points than any other team. The offense is explosive enough to repeatedly make big comebacks.

Lets flip this dislike to the defense. It is the opposite of the offense. Nearly every team NU has played has put up their best day on offense, and NUs defense can't get any turnovers.

Lets flip this dislike to the defense. It is the opposite of the offense. Nearly every team NU has played has put up their best day on offense, and NUs defense can't get any turnovers.

Actually the Blackshirts had three picks in the Michigan game and shut down MSU time and again late in the 4th to allow the comeback to occur. Plus Stafford forced a Bell fumble that the offense did nothing with--three and out. Not to mention T Mart trying to give the game away on the three picks. So have to flip the dislike back :)

The idea of firing Beck is indeed pretty ridiculous. Anyway let's look at some of the things that Beck did well today.

1. Featured T-Mart in the zone-read as well as designed QB runs...remember in the past when everyone was griping that Beck was trying to turn a running QB into a pocket-passer? Huge day rushing against one of the best run-Ds in the conference.

2. Several rollout/run-pass option plays to get Taylor away from the pass rush

3. Attacking the corner of the end-zone on the final drive that drew the pass INT penalty on MSU. Yeah it was a bad call, but these refs were basically throwing the flag anytime any go-route was incomplete, so smart to take advantage: either Bell gets the go-ahead TD, or good chance MSU gets a penalty for PI

4. Continuing to run the ball with Abdullah in the 4th when were down by 10 pts with under 7 mins to go...remember games like UCLA when we would go into panic-mode and try to make Taylor turn into Peyton Manning?

Taylor had the most problems doing this. Made several bad passes out of that scheme.

Taylor needs to get better at this. With his run threat that can become a big play. OSU does it a lot. I think Taylor needs to slow down and get into a better passing posture before throwing to improve his accuracy.

Actually the Blackshirts had three picks in the Michigan game and shut down MSU time and again late in the 4th to allow the comeback to occur. Plus Stafford forced a Bell fumble that the offense did nothing with--three and out. Not to mention T Mart trying to give the game away on the three picks. So have to flip the dislike back :)

exactly. Team wins. Team loses. Let's flip this to special teams and Mahers erratic kicking and punting.

Oh yeah, there's already a thread on that.

Carry on.

The OP was at a crucial time during the game- it appeared we were about to lose another winable game and emotions mixed with the right amount of booze can run pretty high. Is Beck perfect? Heck no. Every fan base has a strong opinion about their OC when things are not going right. We have a ton of offensive weapons and I am sure Beck gets anxiety the day of the game on how he can best utilize his talent. That may, at times, cloud his judgement as to looking at what is working on the field (at that given time). It appears at times that he has a special play to call with X amount of time in a game vs. the run up the middle is working. It can be frustrating as hell to try to understand this silly game all the while sitting on the sidelines. Be glad Husker Nation, we got a road win against a very good defense. I am rambling but just wanted to finish by adding IBTL..