Why we should consider a new Off Coordinator

The thing about the zone read is defenses are going to sell out to stop it, and it won't be effective. The play calling gets weird at times, but getting rid of beck now is absolutely the wrong thing to do. Perhaps think about it when Taylor leaves. But he's given me no reason for us to can him.

Hell no. :o I'd love to see what our offense looks like under Beck if we had a more natural, capable passer.

This entire conversation can be summed up by: :dunno

(We have the top offense in the conference guys).

The thing about the zone read is defenses are going to sell out to stop it, and it won't be effective. The play calling gets weird at times, but getting rid of beck now is absolutely the wrong thing to do. Perhaps think about it when Taylor leaves. But he's given me no reason for us to can him.

Hell no. :o I'd love to see what our offense looks like under Beck if we had a more natural, capable passer.

We might be the 4th best conference in the nation, so I'll take that with a grain of salt...

We might be the 4th best conference in the nation, so I'll take that with a grain of salt...

Obviously that's a good reason to fire a coordinator.

:dunno

Your'e right. A historic amount of yards given up by a Nebraska defense and it's Beck's fault we didn't score 40.

Where did I say that?

Your'e right. A historic amount of yards given up by a Nebraska defense and it's Beck's fault we didn't score 40.

Where did I say that?

You imply it by denying my statement that the defense lost the game but instead Beck even though we scored 30. Listen I'm not saying Beck's a great OC and yes he does have sporadic play calling, check the board for my posts I state it a bunch, but in no way is UCLA his fault. For today's game let's be honest, besides Martinez and a couple nice runs from AA the run game was inconsistent. Besides throwing the ball backs the safeties up so you don't have 9 people in the box so we have a better chance at running. This isn't the 90s anymore.

well, we fired Shawn Watson, and he made a "drastic" improvement between 2009 and 2010...

Would you take him back?

Where did I say that?

Where did I say that?

You imply it by denying my statement that the defense lost the game but instead Beck even though we scored 30. Listen I'm not saying Beck's a great OC and yes he does have sporadic play calling, check the board for my posts I state it a bunch, but in no way is UCLA his fault. For today's game let's be honest, besides Martinez and a couple nice runs from AA the run game was inconsistent. Besides throwing the ball backs the safeties up so you don't have 9 people in the box so we have a better chance at running. This isn't the 90s anymore.

but did I say it?

Beck should (rightly) be questioned for some of the calls made today, particularly in the red zone. The series resulting in the pick almost-six was especially bad. I actually yelled right before that play happened to run the ball. That was unforgiveable, but part of the onus is on Taylor too for that throw, which should not have been made under any circumstances. Actually, all of Taylor's picks were pretty bad.

But he made some very good calls today too. Keep in mind this was a very, very good defense we were playing against today. I was shocked at how well we were beating them to the outside. I also LOVED the iso on 4th down and 1.

well, we fired Shawn Watson, and he made a "drastic" improvement between 2009 and 2010...

Would you take him back?

Really? Some of the last memories of the Watson days were putting up 6 points against A&M, 7 against Washington, and we couldn't even get the offense into field goal range in the second half against Oklahoma.

You really aren't paying attention, or you really know that little about football.

This is only the second year of Beck's offense, and we just put up 28 against one of the best defenses in the nation. Our offense had a huge clutch drive to rally to victory. Against one of the best defenses in the nation.

And you want to fire the offensive coordinator?

nacho-approves-wtf-lmao.gif

• Fire 1

His passing seems to be good enough to get it done. I 'd like a more reliable O-line and a healthy Rex Burkhead.

Would you take him back?

Really? Some of the last memories of the Watson days were putting up 6 points against A&M, 7 against Washington, and we couldn't even get the offense into field goal range in the second half against Oklahoma.

You really aren't paying attention, or you really know that little about football.

This is only the second year of Beck's offense, and we just put up 28 against one of the best defenses in the nation. Our offense had a huge clutch drive to rally to victory.

And you want to fire the offensive coordinator?

nacho-approves-wtf-lmao.gif

As previously stated, I do pay attention, and before somebody else tells ya, your sarcasm detector's on the fritz. Shawn Watson, like my ex-wife, I wouldn't wish on anyone...

And thats great that we put up 28 on a good defense. But the sad thing is, there were plenty of calls that left me scratching my head, that if would have been more thought out, probably would have lowered the collective blood pressure of Husker fans...