Why we should consider a new Off Coordinator

walks, I think we are batting pretty solidly on those 3rd & 3s. Going through them again I think I counted an extra pass. So 12 passes, 7 conversions. 3 runs - 1 conversion, 1 failed conversion, 1 play called back due to penalty.

Cross did get the 3rd & 3 run play conversion. Ran for 4 yards. I think I wouldn't mind it if Beck ran more on 3rd & 3 though. I have to agree that at present those stats are a little skewed, but it can change week to week. 3rd & 2 was 8 R, 0 P before the past few games.

Since everyone wants to go all "yardage crazy", we were averaging 8.5 yards a carry. T-Mart went 16-36 for 160 yards, which is 4.4 yards per completion. We were getting 4 more yards per carry.

Let's recap:

28 points against a defense averaging 15

473 yards against a defense giving up 267

313 yards rushing against a defense giving up 91

Averaged 7.8 yards per rush against a defense giving up 3.0

Still ran the ball 40 times vs. throwing it 36 times despite not having a lead until :05 left in the game

Exactly what part of this production would anyone say is the fault of the OC?

I cant believe the bitching that goes on around here, we have a top 5 offense in the Nation and we want to replace the OC....unbelievable. Bo gets our young defensive talent up to speed and we will be unbeatable. The team will learn to be mostly mistake free by the end of the year, playing its best ball. Penn St is going to be a very tough game, we are beat up on the O line.

New team motto

"Hey, who cares how it looks, we won".

Go Big Red. The rest of you fall in line with this bullsh#t. I'm out of here for awhile. I don't have anything good or bad to say about this team anymore because I just don't know what to even expect from them anymore. The only thing about this team I can guarantee is that fifty percent of the live television broadcast will be spent on the sideline watching Bo rip apart one of our best players like he's the biggest f#*k up in the world. Other than that, there's no guarantees here. Congrats on the win Big Red. For the crowd that says a "win is a win"...big ups. I'm glad we won. We got jobbed by the f'ing refs just as much as Michigan State did. Glad the game came down to the f'ing clowns in the stripes. Same team, different day. Go Big Red. I love ya. I hope you figure things out.

Let's recap:

28 points against a defense averaging 15

473 yards against a defense giving up 267

313 yards rushing against a defense giving up 91

Averaged 7.8 yards per rush against a defense giving up 3.0

Still ran the ball 40 times vs. throwing it 36 times despite not having a lead until :05 left in the game

Exactly what part of this production would anyone say is the fault of the OC?

I think it is the lack of consistency in the play calling that is pissing some off ( me one of them ).

Exactly, and the UCLA moment, where being down by one score, Beck starts goes short bus crazy with his playcalls.

It's been a little over a year, and it's almost at times we're seeing the same thing.

Our offense will find something that works, and instead of exploiting it, we'll do what ever won't work. When our offense has a break out game, all of a sudden he'll have it figured out, but within a week, the old Beck returns.

Shawn Watson wasted 3 years worth of good defenses because he was a crap offensive coordinator. The current defense is good, but not on the same level as previous years. Beck needs to realize that he's becoming a hinderance to this team, and the sooner that he figures it out, the better. The zone read is effective, and we've got the tools to run it, but we need an offensive coordinator that will commit more to it.

Great points.

Martinez is a option QB straight out of the nineties with solid passing. but beck wants him too pass way too often. Martinez is easily the best running QB we have had here since Crouch. and Beck doesn't use these skills till his sh#t game plan digs the team in a deep hole and needs bailed out.

I like beck, but adjustments need too be made despite being the number 1 O in the league.

New team motto

"Hey, who cares how it looks, we won".

Go Big Red. The rest of you fall in line with this bullsh#t. I'm out of here for awhile. I don't have anything good or bad to say about this team anymore because I just don't know what to even expect from them anymore. The only thing about this team I can guarantee is that fifty percent of the live television broadcast will be spent on the sideline watching Bo rip apart one of our best players like he's the biggest f#*k up in the world. Other than that, there's no guarantees here. Congrats on the win Big Red. For the crowd that says a "win is a win"...big ups. I'm glad we won. We got jobbed by the f'ing refs just as much as Michigan State did. Glad the game came down to the f'ing clowns in the stripes. Same team, different day. Go Big Red. I love ya. I hope you figure things out.

3395821+_00adc38e9a4b1ee7df753dbd7beb9236.jpg

Every OC appears to outsmart themselves from time to time, they see something on tape they think they can exploit, they work on a way to exploit it in practice then when the game comes they come out pounding the ball looking good and that moment comes up where they say ok our play will work. When it works they look like a genius when it doesn't and now it's second and 10 and the offense is off schedule everyone screams. I think Beck is a bit handcuffed in the red zone because our offensive line is so weak. If a change needs to be made it's in firing Barney Cotton our line has not been anywhere close to good since he has been the coach.

walks, I think we are batting pretty solidly on those 3rd & 3s. Going through them again I think I counted an extra pass. So 12 passes, 7 conversions. 3 runs - 1 conversion, 1 failed conversion, 1 play called back due to penalty.

Cross did get the 3rd & 3 run play conversion. Ran for 4 yards. I think I wouldn't mind it if Beck ran more on 3rd & 3 though. I have to agree that at present those stats are a little skewed, but it can change week to week. 3rd & 2 was 8 R, 0 P before the past few games.

Since everyone wants to go all "yardage crazy", we were averaging 8.5 yards a carry. T-Mart went 16-36 for 160 yards, which is 4.4 yards per completion. We were getting 4 more yards per carry.

See how am I suppose to take you seriously when you can't even do basic math.

• Fire 3

I'm pretty well-convinced that Beck is average as an offensive coordinator. The first question is, considering he had never been a full OC prior to last year, why would we expect anything else? The blame goes to Bo, or whoever ultimately pulled the trigger on the hire.

The second question is, do we really want to get rid of him and go for a more experienced hire at this point? I say no. Not only because it wouldn't really be fair to him, but also because he does have his strengths, and his personality would not lead you to believe he has too large an ego (or is too tied to a particular system) to change and grow as an OC. Even most of his biggest detractors would not call him clueless or hopeless.

So while I'll continue to pull my hair out on some of these playcalls with the rest of you, I'll resign to suffering the growing pains along with Beck for the time being. And if I want to blame someone, I'll blame the one in charge of putting Beck in such an important position with such precious little relevant experience.

• Fire 1