The Penalties are under further review

The 3 big PI call were legit in my eyes. Guys had there back arm wrapped. If seen , it gets called every time. The one on Evans was pretty easy to call. The one big one was the PF on Stafford when it was obvious he was pushed into the qb. That was a changer because we had stopped them to a FG attempt. Horrible.

The 3 big PI call were legit in my eyes. Guys had there back arm wrapped. If seen , it gets called every time. The one on Evans was pretty easy to call. The one big one was the PF on Stafford when it was obvious he was pushed into the qb. That was a changer because we had stopped them to a FG attempt. Horrible.

Big time. It just seems that these officials are 1 second behind the play. Most of us saw the shove on Stafford. What were they looking at?

Isn't that how you're taught to do it in the NFL?

Isn't that how you're taught to do it in the NFL?

Here's my view:

You can have your arm wrapped as long as you aren't putting force on the receiver with it. The one on Evans was iffy, but IMO, the other two were total BS.

B1G officials are awful!!! At least they are awful in both directions.

Those PI's were iffy at best, the call on Stafford out of bounds was BS. Sparty PI also iffy. Sparty PF for hitting up high also baffling.

I'm with you on this, but Martinez got hit in the chin right under the face mask after he threw the ball. There was a lot of movement in the helmet, and that's why it was called.

• Fire 1

B1G officials are awful!!! At least they are awful in both directions.

Those PI's were iffy at best, the call on Stafford out of bounds was BS. Sparty PI also iffy. Sparty PF for hitting up high also baffling.

I'm with you on this, but Martinez got hit in the chin right under the face mask after he threw the ball. There was a lot of movement in the helmet, and that's why it was called.

They've been EXTREMELY consistent on calling contact anywhere near the helmet for the entire year, as many of us remember. I'm still fuming over the personal foul called on Stafford when he got pushed in the back.

I would totally like to see them crack down on pick plays and let the corners and safetys play a little way to many teams are being bailed out on third and long because of iffy pass interference calls and then to many big plays are coming on designed offensive pass interference that is not being called

I think the pass interference penalty has evolved too much away from what the rule actually is. The officials have become too respondent to just contact that they are failing to interpret whether or not the contact is actually impeding the receiver's ability to catch the ball. Hence, the two PI's on us with the arm hooked could be seen as bs. But I thought the one on Evans in the first quarter was legit. I thought he did enough to impede the receiver's chance at getting to the ball with contact. I think the same of the PI in the endzone at the end on Dennard. I thought his contact legitimately impeded Bell's ablility to catch the ball.

I think the pass interference penalty has evolved too much away from what the rule actually is.  The officials have become too respondent to just contact that they are failing to interpret whether or not the contact is actually impeding the receiver's ability to catch the ball.  Hence, the two PI's on us with the arm hooked could be seen as bs.  But I thought the one on Evans in the first quarter was legit. I thought he did enough to impede the receiver's chance at getting to the ball with contact.  I think the same of the PI in the endzone at the end on Dennard.  I thought his contact legitimately impeded Bell's ablility to catch the ball.

Yes i agree with you that if the defender is preventing the receiver from making a play on the ball it should pass interference. The way football has evolved into such a sophisticated passing game I hope that the competition committee takes a look at this in the off season, and makes it more like the pro game where the defender has a right to the ball too when it is in the air instead of the way it is now.