Pass Interference

The PI in the end zone toward the end of the game

Yes, it was PI. He tried to box out Bell. Even if he did have his head turned to see the ball (which he did) that's PI. Much more than any of the 3 against us.

I'll have to disagree on this. Having your off hand wrapped around a guy's waist before the ball gets there is clearly PI. I honestly think there might be a problem with the technique they're teaching the DBs. Having your head turn towards the ball and reaching for the ball, not trying to hold the guy's hands down is a very, very iffy call. I thought it was a terrible call, but personally was okay with it not because I'm a Husker fan, but because it was countered the completely BS late hit penalty on Stafford. That gave MSU an additional 4 points. Even without the PI call that went our way if it wasn't for that call, we would have been winning the game anyway.

THE DEFENDER IMPEDED THE RECEIEVERS ABLILITY TO CATCH THE BALL. Clear as day. to the rule. end of discussion. It was just as much a legit call as the 3 that were called on us. 2 hooked arms and the one on Evans was the most obvious of all.

Note. There shoulda been one called on the pick 6 as if you watch, Dennard had ahold of Enunwa's jersey for about a 3 yard span. So.....

Yes, it was PI. He tried to box out Bell. Even if he did have his head turned to see the ball (which he did) that's PI. Much more than any of the 3 against us.

I'll have to disagree on this. Having your off hand wrapped around a guy's waist before the ball gets there is clearly PI. I honestly think there might be a problem with the technique they're teaching the DBs. Having your head turn towards the ball and reaching for the ball, not trying to hold the guy's hands down is a very, very iffy call. I thought it was a terrible call, but personally was okay with it not because I'm a Husker fan, but because it was countered the completely BS late hit penalty on Stafford. That gave MSU an additional 4 points. Even without the PI call that went our way if it wasn't for that call, we would have been winning the game anyway.

You're SUPPOSED to have your off hand wrapped so that way if the receiver catches the ball, the DB can still make the tackle. The DB just can't put any kind of force on the receiver when he does it. If he does, then it's PI. The one against Ciante was questionable, but the other 2 IMO were BS calls.

I'd like to see a different camera angle to see if he was holding Bell's left arm down. It seemed like a bad call to me but it was strange that Kenny only got his right arm up. Was Kenny or the defender holding an arm? I hate these controversial calls. To me it taints the win. Seeing somewhat preferential calls in favor of the blue bloods of the conference makes me suspicious. Our players had to make some good plays so I applaud the effort.

It was a wash, that worked out to NU's favor because of the timliness. That PF was terrible and the Interference call was bad. Difference amounts to Sparty having 4 more points on the board then they should have had and we shouldn't of even needed the second score late in the fourth, score should have been 21-20 NU I;'m thankful because I think playing from behind late in the 4th on the road is better then protecting a small lead.

You're SUPPOSED to have your off hand wrapped so that way if the receiver catches the ball, the DB can still make the tackle. The DB just can't put any kind of force on the receiver when he does it. If he does, then it's PI. The one against Ciante was questionable, but the other 2 IMO were BS calls.

I don't think that's right. Here's an explanation of PI for what it's worth.

http://cmainsports.org/index_htm_files/PASS%20INTERFERENCE%20and%20HOLDING%20explained.pdf

Off hand wrapped around the waist while the other is used to defend the pass is PI. I think the distinction is when the off hand wraps the waist. Before or after the ball arrives. In both PIs against NU, the DB clearly had the waist wrapped before the ball got there. Personally, I think the difference with holding Bell's arms on the other call was that the defender seemed to have position. So if he's turned and is reaching for the ball, and Bell tries to raise his arms through the defenders arms, it shouldn't be PI on the defense. It clearly looked like Bell couldn't raise his arms, but when I saw it, it looked like Bell was the one trying to raise his arms through the DBs arm and not the DB hold Bell's arms down. Like I said, I was okay with it given the horrific Stafford call, but the initial PIs on NU looked legit.