huskerhaze

PJ Smith tackle on Bell.

It was only a "tackle" in that Bell tripped over him after he ran over him. However, it was a nice job filling hard. Just deliver the shot next time. :thumbs

I think Smith commented earlier this week to paraphrase, "Bell is a big guy, you have to set your shoulders and get ready to be hit in the chest. You get run over, hang on and wait for your friends to show up and help".

Kid sold out to make the stops tonight.

Next year we are THIN at safety. Juco maybe?

Not a big fan of Smith either, mostly because he has had tackling problems in the past (especially open field tackles). Today, i give him major respect for improving on that aspect of his game.

We'll have a lot of experience in the secondary next year, I would expect a lot of bodies to move around. Andrew Green, Ciante Evans, Mo Seisay, Charles Jackson, Harvey Jackson, Corey Cooper, Stanley Baptiste.

PJ has played lights out for us since conf play started. Made a ton of tackles, and been a real ball hawk. Maybe nobody noticed, but the guy Leveon Bell is real hard to bring down. He's one of the most bruising runners in the B10. PJ did well to tackle the guy without much YAC.

• Upvote 1

PJ has played lights out for us since conf play started. Made a ton of tackles, and been a real ball hawk. Maybe nobody noticed, but the guy Leveon Bell is real hard to bring down. He's one of the most bruising runners in the B10. PJ did well to tackle the guy without much YAC.

^^^^^^ This. Bell is a bruiser. Kind of surprised PJ didn't get carted off after that hit.

We'll have a lot of experience in the secondary next year, I would expect a lot of bodies to move around. Andrew Green, Ciante Evans, Mo Seisay, Charles Jackson, Harvey Jackson, Corey Cooper, Stanley Baptiste.

Agreed. Though the 2014 campaign, as it appears on paper, may be a tad light in the talent department for secondary players...but hey, that's why JuCos in Kansas were created, yes?

Agreed. Though the 2014 campaign, as it appears on paper, may be a tad light in the talent department for secondary players...but hey, that's why JuCos in Kansas were created, yes?

We have a couple of guys coming in that could be really special. I'm not worried about the secondary.

Well after tackling a guy for a 3 yd gain after getting his head snapped back, a play or two later he tackled him AGAIN for a very short gain. He came to play, no doubt. L Bell is a beast, but PJ tackled him by himself multiple times.