Romney Uses Teleprompters...What a Moron

Link via Washington Post

Warming up the crowd at Mitt Romney’s morning rally here Sunday morning, Iowa congressional candidate John Archer strode on stage and took what in Republican circles has become a tried-and-true dig at President Obama.

“Wow,” he said, “I don’t need these teleprompters!”

What Archer may not have realized is that the twin teleprompters erected at both sides of the podium had been set up for his own party’s nominee.

Romney’s aides said the candidate would keep using teleprompters on the home stretch because his closing argument speech is new and he wants to achieve precision and accuracy as he lays out his fresh message. “We don’t have a problem with teleprompters,” one aide said.

What is the world coming to?!?! We can't have a Republican nominee for the highest office in the land reading off of teleprompters, right? That's just obscene and not very presidential--our President should be able to shoot from the hip, and ad lib at a moment's notice so they can sound like common, everyday Americans.

I mean, we don't need our President to be some stuffy, pretentious orator that sounds professional or educated--he should sound like the lay man, the hard worker that makes up the majority of this country. We need to be sure that the rest of the world knows that when they're dealing with the United States, that they're dealing with the salt of the earth, and not some fancy learned man who wasn't even born in this country.

Ugh, this is the last straw. I can't vote for Romney now--it's disgusting how he's now coming off as polished and refined, and these teleprompters have done it to him. May God have mercy on his teleprompter-using soul.