Voting for Obama is like

...that scene in Scary Movie 3 where George gets a Yahtzee and gets excited, jumps up, hits his head on the shelf, and knocks himself out, then when Cindy shows up and wakes him up and asks what happens he says, "I don't know, we were playing this fun game, and I looked down and..."YAHTZEE!!" and then he jumps up and hits his head on the shelf and knocks himself out again???

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not hoping for different results. I'm hoping for more of the same:

Killed Osama bin Laden. Gutsy, amazing call. Hardly something I would define as "stupid," especially if I were a Republican, considering how badly Bush wanted to do the job.

Obamacare was a good first step. I'm hopeful that, with tweaking, it can be improved. But ending the embarrassment of being one of the few countries in the world without universal healthcare is a major accomplishment.

Got us out of Iraq. Another good first step. Now let's get out of Afghanistan and bring our boys home. We're not the world's police force and sending troops all over creation is a huge mistake. Obama is fixing that mistake. I'm for more of the same.

For the first time in three decades, the Big Three automakers gained market share under Obama's first term. I would love to see U.S. manufacturing continue those gains under the second term.

Job growth:

chart-monthly-payrolls-110212.gif

Fixing unemployment. If you don't want to see this trend continue, you're insane:

chart-unemployment-rate-110212.gif

Economic Growth:

chart-gdp-102612.gif

Foreclosures slowing:

chart-foreclosures-102612.gif

Stock market growth. Hard to fathom why "the job creators" are crying about Obama when clearly they're making money under him:

chart-sp500-110512.gif

Manufacturing growth:

chart-manufacturing-102612.gif

Consumer spending growth:

chart-consumer-spending-102612b.gif

I could go on. It's not all sunshine and roses. We have skyrocketing debt, largely fueled by the bailouts, so there's not likely to be an increase in that debt like the first four years. What we need is less nonsense like we've seen from congress and more open willingness to work together to create a solution to our problems. We're starting to see that with the Republicans bailing on the idiotic Grover Norquist pledge, a movement that I sincerely hope gains momentum over the next year, and from there we'll see how sincere both parties are in moving forward and stopping this foolish practice of screwing the country for Democrat or Republican gain. When they do that, we all lose.

• Fire 2

I'm not hoping for different results. I'm hoping for more of the same:

Killed Osama bin Laden. Gutsy, amazing call.

TG: What is so gutsy and amazing - it is a no brainer. You know where bin Laden is - let your military guys do what they do best and take the guy out. Then get out of the way and give them the credit.

Got us out of Iraq.

TG: He continued what Bush started

I could go on. It's not all sunshine and roses. We have skyrocketing debt, largely fueled by the bailouts, so there's not likely to be an increase in that debt like the first four years. What we need is less nonsense like we've seen from congress and more open willingness to work together to create a solution to our problems. We're starting to see that with the Republicans bailing on the idiotic Grover Norquist pledge, a movement that I sincerely hope gains momentum over the next year, and from there we'll see how sincere both parties are in moving forward and stopping this foolish practice of screwing the country for Democrat or Republican gain. When they do that, we all lose.

I can agree with much of this last paragraph. The insanity part is the $16 trillion debt and $1.5T annually being added to it, the Libya run a round, ObamaCare when most American's didn't want what was created without support from both parties (health care reform yes to control costs - but not the mandates telling everyone they had to buy something - I guess it is a matter of defining if it is a tax or a fee - or what the meaning of "is" is.,)

Job recovery is too slow in my view - he can no longer blame Bush - and I was not a big fan of GWB in many ways - so not an apologist for him. I think Obama is a savvy politician - believes in crony capitalism - awarding his friends wt alot of stimulus money - but probably not much diff then others we see in congress on both sides of the fence.

facts?

Oh you better not work.

You better not try.

You better not earn.

I'm telling you why.

...Obama Claus is coming to town.

...He sees you when you're building.

He wants what you all make.

He'll tell the 47 per cent.

that being rich is a mistake.

Oh you better not work.

You better not try.

You better not earn.

I'm telling you why.

He’ll tell you to be thankful.

To bow down and give thanks,

or he’ll send you to a FEMA camp,

to get your thinking “straight”.

Oh you better not work.

You better not try.

You better not earn.

I'm telling you why.

Obama Claus is coming to town.

He'll give you a free cell phone.

Say Obamacare is great.

He'll tell you being a success

is something you should hate.

Oh you better not work.

You better not try.

You better not earn.

I'm telling you why.

Obama Claus is coming tooooooo town

• Fire 1

facts?

Oh you better not work.

You better not try.

You better not earn.

I'm telling you why.

...He sees you when you're building.

He wants what you all make.

He'll tell the 47 per cent.

that being rich is a mistake.

Oh you better not work.

You better not try.

You better not earn.

I'm telling you why.

He’ll tell you to be thankful.

To bow down and give thanks,

or he’ll send you to a FEMA camp,

to get your thinking “straight”.

Oh you better not work.

You better not try.

You better not earn.

I'm telling you why.

Obama Claus is coming to town.

He'll give you a free cell phone.

Say Obamacare is great.

He'll tell you being a success

is something you should hate.

Oh you better not work.

You better not try.

You better not earn.

I'm telling you why.

Obama Claus is coming tooooooo town

This is why we can't have nice things on the internet any more. :(

I can't think of a President that has had to endure anything like Obama has. The inherited mess and the prejudice.

Mitch McConnell coming out and saying the sole purpose of what they need to do is deny Obama a second term pretty much sums it all up. How can Obama be blamed for not reaching across the aisle when that's what he's met with? All they do is oppose anything and everything that's proposed, even if it's in the best interest of the people they represent.

Republicans today aren't even close to the republicans of the past. Bob Dole couldn't even get them to pass a bill about helping disabled people.