SIGNED DT Maliek Collins

Garrison visited last week and Coach K visited yesterday. Seems to be looking at us pretty hard.

Also an outstanding wrestler - always a good sign for me. Trying to work in a visit around his wrestling schedule.

Didn't Chase Rome do MMA?

Dad is an MMA instructor.

I really like the looks of this kid! Sure he plays against lower level talent but he has a great motor and finishes with bad intentions. Looks like one of the bad boys of old. He must be very interested since he is visiting around a wrestling tourney. Would love to have this kid "N". Much greater prospect than Miles appears to be.

2012 Highlights

I only watched the first half of his film and it is impressive how he finishes tackles in the backfield. But what happens when he is actually blocked in college? The first half of the film doesn't show him being blocked one time, he is just running past the o-line and making a tackle. This won't happen in college, so it may be a shock to him when he actually has to get around someone.

I had a friend (now deceased) who always said a good sign for a football team (high school level) was to have linemen who wrestled and skill people who ran track. Those big guys learn how to leverage an opponent if they have wrestled. I'm liking this kid more and more.

Although I'm not a fan of the sport, playing soccer at a young age is also a big plus for any player. The footwork and coordination they learn will translate to any sport.

I had a friend (now deceased) who always said a good sign for a football team (high school level) was to have linemen who wrestled and skill people who ran track. Those big guys learn how to leverage an opponent if they have wrestled. I'm liking this kid more and more.

Although I'm not a fan of the sport, playing soccer at a young age is also a big plus for any player. The footwork and coordination they learn will translate to any sport.

Agreed Husker T. Soccer translates very well for baseball infielders.

• Fire 2

Any word on how his visit is going?

He never made it. He had a wrestling tourney, which he dominated. He says that he will try to reschedule for as soon as possible. But with the holidays upon us, I wouldn't expect to see him here until after the new year.

Thanks for the update.