SIGNED DT Maliek Collins

lol, I remember a certain o-lineman in our glory years that had the exact same impression when recruited, meaning "a project", and a certain OL coach admitting that it was his shoe size that led to him being offered a scholarship. If memory serves, said player was relatively successful in the pros. Anyone remember Rob Zatechka? Also, in the same class was Brendan Stai and Zack Weigert whom were also red shirt prospects. I guess those projects all turned out rather nicely, yes?

Just got around to watching this kid's film. Tell you what, he's got a mean streak on him. He really plays with a temper and great leverage.

I see a mean streak as an advantage, even though scouts tend to dislike it. I have even seen people loose stars because of it and it could be the same here, but you have to be aggressive when playing people u can't be afraid to tear someones head off. I don't even care that his composite score with rivals is a 2 star. I seriously doubt at times they know what they are doing these scouting agency's. I see a guy with great size, good speed to get pressure on the QB, and a guy that is very disruptive. With the leverage this guy will get at 6-2 300 lbs. He should be a great run stopper. He has all of the characteristics I would look for in a 5 star DT. Like I said I think this guy is way underrated, and he is one of the best DT's I have seen us recruit since Suh. He might have a big boom or bust tendency, but I think this guy who be great for us. Heard he was leaning Mizzuo I am wondering if that has changed.

Do we really have a good shot at this kid? Some say he loves Mizzou, others saying that Nebraska is in the lead. He seems like a project but we can always use more depth at DT.

Yes. There's some chatter that he will commit on his visit in January.

I hope so, always want to be building for the future. I know we need some immediate help on the D-line, but getting a guy like this could be great for the future.

i dont really care too much with the recruiting services... i kinda like the web layout on rivals i guess the best but doesnt scout right now have us pretty high in their team rankings...?? higher than rivals does... soooo i guess we can kinda like them?? but then again their info must be all wrong right??!! hahaha