SIGNED DT Maliek Collins

If he does end up committing to us and becoming a husker what are the chances we redshirt him? Does anyone think he won't redshirt due to our lack of depth at DT?

He will redshirt, no doubt about it.

So he is seen as more of a project then I assume?

Very few DTs out of high school are ready to play signification number of snaps as true freshman.

If he does end up committing to us and becoming a husker what are the chances we redshirt him? Does anyone think he won't redshirt due to our lack of depth at DT?

He will redshirt, no doubt about it.

So he is seen as more of a project then I assume?

In an ideal world you would like to redshirt every OL and DL incoming freshman. Of course there are exceptions like Andrus Peat for Stanford and Moss and Curry for Nebraska that physically were ready.

So this guy is between us and Mizzou, correct?

He loved Mizzou on his visit. But hasn't visited us yet.

So Here are my thoughts... What did he love about Mizzou?

- team is a family

- coaches are down to earth

- campus is nice

He says Kansas isn't really an option for him anymore and he may not even visit Iowa.

He says Mizzou is the team to beat because of how "together" their program is.

From his comments about that school I really think he's gonna be blown away by Nebraska. We have 2x better facilities including a stadium that will hold 92,000 next season. Our team is a family. Our coaches are down to earth and approachable. We are a much better team and have been consistently and will continue to be. I mean go down the list... everything he liked about Mizzou, we can trump.

So this guy is between us and Mizzou, correct?

He loved Mizzou on his visit. But hasn't visited us yet.

So Here are my thoughts... What did he love about Mizzou?

- team is a family

- coaches are down to earth

- campus is nice

He says Kansas isn't really an option for him anymore and he may not even visit Iowa.

He says Mizzou is the team to beat because of how "together" their program is.

From his comments about that school I really think he's gonna be blown away by Nebraska. We have 2x better facilities including a stadium that will hold 92,000 next season. Our team is a family. Our coaches are down to earth and approachable. We are a much better team and have been consistently and will continue to be. I mean go down the list... everything he liked about Mizzou, we can trump.

And yet it sometimes it comes down to the player seeing a liscense plate to make the decision. Hard to know what goes on in the minds of teenagers.

Chad and Chris Kelsey, the Makovicka's, and Crick just to name a few didn't play great competition either in high school. If the kid has the size, speed and intelligence to go with a strong work ethic and a desire to be the best who cares if it was class B football.

If that is directed towards me, someone asked the level of competition and I answered the question. I have repeatedly stated he has the measureables and will be a good player, just don't expect him to look like he does on film the second he walks on campus. Give him two years to get his technique straightened out. If that isn't directed towards me and just a general comment, I agree with you.

Reminds me alittle of jared crick coming out of cozad high school. Both great smaller school athletes with wrestling back grounds. Hopefully he turns out to be as productive. Would be a geat get imo!

Did Crick wrestle earlier in high school? He played basketball his senior year and Cozad was not very good...