A fan gives his review of Bo. Bo takes it well.

knapplc

There used to be an old saying, "When Tom Osborne came into your living room on a recruiting trip, it was hard to say no to playing football at Nebraska." Now, I am sorry to say, from watching Bo's sideline antics, it would be hard for most recruits and parents to invite Bo into their living rooms. Maybe they could just meet him out in the driveway.

Just being a little facetious here, but what one sees on the tube on Saturdays sticks in one's mind.

Are you serious? The parents that "don't want to allow Bo in their living rooms" are probably the ones who raise spoiled little brats that couldn't spell the word discipline. I completely disagree with you here, because we have gotten some VERY good recruits and continue to get them. More games Bo wins, the more recognition he will get, the more we will have great recruits. Its hard to recruit when you are a first time head coach, unless your taking a successful program over.

• Fire 5

What bothers me is that everyone looks and penalties and fumbles, but wants to ignore the fact that this team doesn't quit.

Why are penalties leadership and 'never give up attitude' not?

Bo is a first time head coach and he is doing so at a big time program. He has been learning under a microscope. I really like what I see this year and I believe that there are good things coming.

• Fire 1

There's no getting around the fact that Bo had to make a course correction from coordinator to head coach. DCs tend to get the cameras on them only when they're fired up and firing their guys up in big games. The HC, on the other hand, is getting cameras to capture freakouts. Bo is, to use his phrase, 'lightyears ahead' of where he was when he started, and I think he deserves recognition for the strides he's made.

Osborne was and is a pretty unique individual. His level of emotional mastery is. . .well. . .rare. I don't know much about his personal life, but for whatever reason--genetics, family life, practice--he could keep it bottled up regardless fo the situation. Bo's not Tom, and he shouldn't try to be. That being said, there is a point where fire and brimstone stops being effective. I think he's either figured out or is about to figure out exactly where that line is, and the whole program is better off for it.

Edit: Oh, and Bo absolutely shamed this clown. Nice work.

• Fire 3

I would rather have my kid go to a school where the coach isn't happy, he lets you know. A coach that loves what he does, and isn't afraid to let you know when you mess up, whether your winning or losing. That is what makes Saban a good coach. Would you rather Bo, or a coach like Ferentz? Ferentz is a good guy, but a hush puppy, who I have seen this year, yell at a ref for a bad call.

He lost at me at "not the face of Nebraska." He actually could've asked a legitimate question, but he lost his credibility as soon as he made that idiotic comment. Apparently the caller is unfamiliar with the behavior of one Coach Bob Devaney.

(Hint: He was a legendary drinker and he straight got after officials, athletes, you name it. He also laid the foundation for Nebraska to be what it is today.)

I'm reading between the lines, but I assume this guy is talking about TO. I love Coach Osborne and respect the man immensely, and always will. But he is not the face of NU football. That's an accumulative thing, that certainly includes Dr. Tom in a position of high prominence, but also includes a litany of other things, included Devaney, the Blackshirts, the AAs, the NC's, the Heisman trophies, the Pipeline, all that and much more. Sellout....ect.)

I will say, I've wondered if Bo has been the tiebreaker on some 50-50 flags in the past. It's plausible. How likely it is an entirely different matter. And I'm not going to speculate, because I have no friggin idea.

Ok, I will give Bo a slight bit of credit. Clearly his initial reaction is exactly what the caller is asking him about -- he's IMMEDIATELY hot and wants to punch the guy. After a few seconds Bo calms down and answers far better than the cliche "run through the wall" garbage -- essentially, I am what I am, take it our leave it (though I've tried to be better than I was).

He'd have sounded even better if he'd have said that he'd still like to evaluate the kids tape so send it in, haha.

Ok, I will give Bo a slight bit of credit. Clearly his initial reaction is exactly what the caller is asking him about -- he's IMMEDIATELY hot and wants to punch the guy. After a few seconds Bo calms down and answers far better than the cliche "run through the wall" garbage -- essentially, I am what I am, take it our leave it (though I've tried to be better than I was).

He'd have sounded even better if he'd have said that he'd still like to evaluate the kids tape so send it in, haha.

I've listened to this quite a few times, and I have not heard where he got hot or angry. He actually asks the guy to repeat himself because he was probably in shock from the guys stupidity.

Who cares? Wouldn't you?

I've listened to this quite a few times, and I have not heard where he got hot or angry.

it was a pretty obnoxious question. telling a head coach of a team that he is not the face and you would not want your kid to play for him? that is rude and not the face of nebraska.

ask about the penalties, ask about his demeanor, but do not blatantly criticize and insult bo. honestly, what kind of reaction was the caller expecting?

I've listened to this quite a few times, and I have not heard where he got hot or angry.

it was a pretty obnoxious question. telling a head coach of a team that he is not the face and you would not want your kid to play for him? that is rude and not the face of nebraska.

ask about the penalties, ask about his demeanor, but do not blatantly criticize and insult bo. honestly, what kind of reaction was the caller expecting?

Obnoxious question I agree lol. I think the caller was trying to piss Bo off, but like I said, I have listened to that, and I see nowhere where Bo even got slightly upset. It seamed like he wanted to laugh more than yell.

• Fire 1

Obnoxious question I agree lol. I think the caller was trying to piss Bo off, but like I said, I have listened to that, and I see nowhere where Bo even got slightly upset. It seamed like he wanted to laugh more than yell.

bo was probably confused. why are people caring about this now? even with all of our problems (the penalties and fumbles are pretty ridiculous) we are 7-2 and in the driver's seat to finally win a championship.