A fan gives his review of Bo. Bo takes it well.

knapplc

bo was probably confused. why are people caring about this now? even with all of our problems (the penalties and fumbles are pretty ridiculous) we are 7-2 and in the driver's seat to finally win a championship.

Fumbles have honestly been taken care of in these last 3 games by the offense. Northwestern Kyler was the only to fumble on offense. Michigan, Taylor fumbled, but he even thought he was down and film can't prove if he wasn't or was, but it looked like he was down. MSU, Taylor fumbled, but review showed his knee on the ground, but they gave us the field position where we landed on the ball for some reason, rather than putting the ball back where we were down at.

Reason there are dumb penalties, at least I think, is because we are still learning how certain officiating crews operate. Some allow leniency, while some don't. Once is a learning curve, but anything more than that is just trying to get by without being caught.

bo was probably confused. why are people caring about this now? even with all of our problems (the penalties and fumbles are pretty ridiculous) we are 7-2 and in the driver's seat to finally win a championship.

Fumbles have honestly been taken care of in these last 3 games by the offense. Northwestern Kyler was the only to fumble on offense. Michigan, Taylor fumbled, but he even thought he was down and film can't prove if he wasn't or was, but it looked like he was down. MSU, Taylor fumbled, but review showed his knee on the ground, but they gave us the field position where we landed on the ball for some reason, rather than putting the ball back where we were down at.

they have not been a problem in that we have recovered from them, but they still need to be cleaned up. i think we lead the nation in opposing teams' points off fumbles, or something like that.

I had a football coach who was an ex Marine Corps. drill Sergeant and he made Bo look very tame. We played very hard for the guy and we never lost a game. I wouldn't hesitate sending my son to go play for him. Some people just have it in for Bo, and even if he is more stoic than TO for 10 years, people will still bring this up.

Surely this was not in Nebraska. We don't act that way here!

• Fire 3

I believe so much of it has to do with Bo’s facial expressions, which are genetic and out of his control for the most part.

He could be saying “Good Morning” and some would interpret it as a crotchety old man throwing kids off his front lawn.

Mix in the fact that the cameras are constantly panning him looking for the classic “lost it” moment and the perception is baked in that he’s a rager.

(and for a large part of the national audience, that’s become their bottom line perspective)

But for a local yokel to claim to be a fan and yet not know the progress is a mark on him.

I'm a fairly young ( extremely handsome) man, and not that it matters much, but my High School basketball coach carried himself almost the exact same way as Bo does.... He would curse, correct, and get in your face while we were on the hardwood, but outside of the gym he was a compassionate, and caring individual that seemed to have all of his players' best interests in mind. Whether that be with athletics, or their education. To this day, I talk to him about every two weeks, and he is like a second father too me.... There are few people that I have more respect for in this world then my coach....

I thought maybe all of you elderly folks (Knapp) should know that there are men in the younger generation that can respond correctly to a hard-nosed coach....

Bo is fine, and I believe him when he says that his players would run through a wall for him....

• Fire 1

Pelini tired of sideline demeanor topic | sports.omaha.com

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini was asked on his call-in radio show Wednesday night about his sideline demeanor. He did not like the topic.

The caller made one point: That players may not respond favorably to that kind of passion. …

Pelini’s response: "My players and I are close. I’d run through a wall for them, and they’d run through a wall for me." He added that his players appreciate his competitive spirit.

Pause for a minute and forget about whether you care for Pelini's sideline demeanor and think about this instead:

An anonymous voice on a telephone, a person who's likely never been around any of these players, met Pelini or anyone else on the coaching staff, suggests they know better how players would respond to a guy who's around them all the time.

Does that not fit the epitome of arrogance?

I'm sure the caller probably wasn't thinking about that at time. More likely they were doing what human beings do, which is to put themselves in that situation, conclude that since they don't like being yelled at nobody else does either.

What they might be missing is the fact that football players might think that being yelled at is typical, something they've been experiencing since they first donned pads. When your job is to run into other guys as hard as you can, it goes with the territory.

So does profanity, on occasion.

Tom never needed to yell. Never swore either. Of course he didn't. He had other guys for that. Maybe if Pelini's staff yelled and swore at his players more, he wouldn't need to. Ever think of that?

http://www.cornnatio...i-rants-players

Anyone that thinks Bo is over the top is foolish. He is the head coach of a D1 college football team. Big f'ing deal if he yells and screams. It is pretty loud during the games and he needs to yell so he can be heard.

He needs to yell at the players when they f#*k up at critical times. You can see him yelling at someone over the headset, most likely Beck, after a stupid play or series of plays have been called. This is Husker football now. Learn to accept it. It will not change. I for one accept it.

I dont just accept it. I love it. As a fiery, brute honest, stand up type of guy myself, I love this kind of behavior. Frankly, it's missing way too much in the world, and is far too often supressed. Hell, I wish to hell our President would act like this. Quit beating around the bush and playing nicey nice. Tell me how it is.

Tom Osborne "swore," in his way. He may not have used a specific bomb, but he used emphatic statements that mean the same as what we mean when we say ****, or ****, or *** ** * ***** **** in the ***** and her sister, too.

Players knew when Osborne was pissed. It was a different delivery, but the sentiment was the same.

The further away we get from the Osborne years, the more legendary they become. Dr. Tom is a human being. Let's not forget that in our quest to make Bo the perfect coach, or find someone to replace him who is perfect. Tom Osborne doesn't fit the ideal that many fans have of Tom Osborne.

• Fire 1