How many 'Huskerboard' members played football?

funhusker

How Many  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm getting really tired of the 'most knowledgable' fans acting like kindergarteners when officials and coaches make questionable calls or comments.

For example: "Stafford hates Pelini", "Did we deserve the win?", and so on.....

How many members have actually played at a level that they might understand the exchange between player and coach? I'm not saying one coaching method is better than the other, but chances are most of us that played have a connection with Bo's style...

I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport.

...with a bullet called life. Yeah, mama, called life!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway...

Played against Steve Kriewald in the state playoffs when I was a freshman D lineman. Thankfully, I sat the bench that whole game. I wasn't terribly interested in getting run over by Kriewald. We did win that game, though!

My high school line coach was pretty much like Bo. Always there to greet you when you came off the field good or bad. And if it was bad boy did you wish you could hide somewhere, but he was the same with everyone.

Got chewed out pretty bad for hitting my head on the cage because I had a bum ankle and wasn't flexible enough to make it threw, then got reamed a new one for giving up the blindside in scrimmage another time, and for slacking during a warmup for JV game when a freshman was going balls out. Sent us on runs when weren't paying attention and he had a glare that could make anyone flinch. But he was great, and was always there to give you praise when you did well.

I actually got punched in the eye by my head coach during a half time speech. He was a little emotional using hand gestures and nailed me, I just sat there until he was finished and didn't say a word. I thought it was pretty funny, but guys were like wtf did he just punch you?

My high school didn't have much of a football team, wasn't much interest in it despite being in Nebraska. I was 6' 1" 190lbs, I played offensive tackle, defensive end, and inside LB. Inside LB was my best position. I didn't have much respect for my head coach, but the assistant coaches were great. Our head coach, if you thought Bill Callahan was bad, this guy was worse, if it was even possible. I mean anyone who decides to put a 190lb 16 year old at the tackle spot to go against a 230lb defensive end, i didn't like that matchup.

I was about to quit, but the assistant coach asked to me to stay and play 2nd string defensive end and kick returns. After a game where i had 9 tackles, a forced fumble and two sacks, coaches decided to alternate me between ILB and DE. My final season, junior year, I added 20 lbs of muscle and earned to start at ILB. I finished the season with 78 tackles, 21 TFL, 2 INT, 7 sacks, and 4 forced fumbles, 2 that I recovered. Unfortunately, my senior year, the assistant coach got offered a college head coaching job in Missouri, can't remember the college. Anyway the idiot head coach wanted to move me back to the offensive line to play guard. I said no, and didn't play my senior year.

I had two scholarships, 1 at Hastings College and the other to South Dakota University. I turned them down and joined the United States Air Force.

So i have a pretty good understanding of the game and how it is played. I understand the player coach relationship. The assistance coach gave me some tough love, like when i missed a tackle or misread my coverage, i was taken out for a series. I more than likely was gonna get some extra training for boneheaded penalties.

I could have been a small tight end, but i had a problem with running my routes.