How many 'Huskerboard' members played football?

funhusker

How Many  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Played football my entire life and had an opportunity to play JUCO ball, but passed it up to focus more on my education. Looking back, probably one of the biggest regrets I have.

Offensively, I played running back for most of my life, but switched to QB in high school. I also played CB on defense, returned punts and kicks. Here's a handful of pics.

196874_1002406387280_7161_n.jpg

189404_1002406427281_9177_n.jpg\

190256_1002406507283_8863_n.jpg

189872_1002406827291_8944_n.jpg

188788_1004448558333_9918_n.jpg

I'm getting really tired of the 'most knowledgable' fans acting like kindergarteners when officials and coaches make questionable calls or comments.

For example: "Stafford hates Pelini", "Did we deserve the win?", and so on.....

How many members have actually played at a level that they might understand the exchange between player and coach? I'm not saying one coaching method is better than the other, but chances are most of us that played have a connection with Bo's style...

Plenty of idiots who played football just like non-football types. Insignificant question...

BTW I didn't play football...hockey. But I find that my years studying organizational behavior has more applications to sport than any experience with an athletic team I was ever part of.

Played both. The OP is right if you didn't do football in college good chance you lack perspective on the Bo thing. And there's a reason the OP didn' t ask if you played in elementary.

Seriously? What type of style is it that you're referring to? Because he yells? He intimidates? Gets in your face? That's good? That's bad? We have to be college football players to understand intimidation? Motivation techniques? Bo's type exists everywhere...so do Tressel types. Do I have to be a college football player to understand Tressel's type of personality? Landry, Schembechler, Shula. Should I go outside of sports?

Yes, there is a perspective that non-college football players will not have that those that did do. But so what? There's plenty of perspective that the ex college player doesn't understand too.

To be relevant in regards to the present conversations that are taking place, the question needs to be "who played football and put a finger in their coach's face?" I played high school ball and my coach was a crazy sonofabitch, but I would never think about yelling back at him, yet alone raising a finger to him. Nor would I do it to my mother or father or anyone else that I have respect for

Played football my entire life and had an opportunity to play JUCO ball, but passed it up to focus more on my education. Looking back, probably one of the biggest regrets I have.

Offensively, I played running back for most of my life, but switched to QB in high school. I also played CB on defense, returned punts and kicks. Here's a handful of pics.

196874_1002406387280_7161_n.jpg

189404_1002406427281_9177_n.jpg\

190256_1002406507283_8863_n.jpg

189872_1002406827291_8944_n.jpg

188788_1004448558333_9918_n.jpg

I just have a video of my playing days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=R-VDzBxmZHY&NR=1

• Fire 1
Played soccer in HS and college, bet ya can't guess what football position in high school. Lets just say I practiced about 20 minutes a day with the football team and the rest of the time was the soccer team.

What school did you play soccer for in college?

Played soccer in HS and college, bet ya can't guess what football position in high school. Lets just say I practiced about 20 minutes a day with the football team and the rest of the time was the soccer team.

What school did you play soccer for in college?

I was at Creighton for a year(where I tore my ACL the first time) and then transferred back to Vegas to go to UNLV when my dad got sick. Took a semester off to join the USMC reserves and tore my ACL the second time during AIT, killing my soccer career.

No but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn.

Hey!, Me too! I never played at either level, but I do play-by-play for high school games, and do a two hour pregame show for Nicholls State University, who plays in the Southland Conference, where we do coaches/players/university official interviews. In fact, I'll get to hopefully speak with Oregon State Beavers head football coach, Mike Riley, in a few weeks, as the Colonels need to make up a game December 1st with them, because of Hurricane Isaac. I'm assuming that this question was brought up, because of the amount of posters who question Nebraska's coaching staff week in and week out?

High school and one year in college, played basketball/ran track throughout college. Now I coach at the high school level.

Bo's demeanor is fine with me. Anybody notice after this exchange with Stafford how much better he played and was on point in his assignments?

Sometimes you have to coach kids/situations differently, like some need an butt chewing when others need a hug. Part of being a good coach.