Nebraska Opens Up 18.5 Point Favorite

Who ya got?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I take Minnesota in this one. I'm gonna assume the same Husker team shows up as in the past. We will do some amazing things ... and have same kind of undisciplined/mistake ridden type game that makes this a 10 point game with no clear winner until the end. I do think we win this one however. The Iowa game is the tripper ... this game will be like playing Mizzou in the past 20 years. We will find a way to make it a game.

Martinez is sick of it.

Abdullah is sick of it.

and most importantly...

Bo Pelini is sick of it.

We haven't had a comfortable win since that 73-7 blowout back in September. Say all you want about Michigan, but it's not the same thing.

It's about time for our guys to cut the crap and play sound football against an inferior team.

I think they get it done this week.

Look for it all to come out.

Skers 56

Phers 10

Martinez is sick of it.

Abdullah is sick of it.

and most importantly...

Bo Pelini is sick of it.

We haven't had a comfortable win since that 73-7 blowout back in September. Say all you want about Michigan, but it's not the same thing.

It's about time for our guys to cut the crap and play sound football against an inferior team.

I think they get it done this week.

Look for it all to come out.

Skers 56

Phers 10

I'm with Mills on this one. I think we blow them out.

This Minnesota team is horrible. Their defense is decent, but they aren't anywhere near the caliber teams we have played so far. At home and a freshman QB, I see us pulling this spread off with ease. We will put 35+ on them, and I would honestly be surprised if I see them score more than 20, but this defense is unpredictable.

Their defense looks to be on the verge of doing some very good things, and Kill is a good head coach. It's a good thing that Wisky and tOSU drop off the regular schedule, because Minnesota could cause us fits for us in a year or two. The game would have been closer last week had Kill not put that defense into bad situations with his risky calls.

Also, it helps us that Minnesota is bowl eligible already--their proverbial carrot was making a bowl game, and they did just that...so there may be some dropoff.

I think Minnesota will get more points on us than we care for, but we'll cover the spread. I think I had 48-24 for a prediction...that sounds about right IMO.

I take Minnesota in this one. I'm gonna assume the same Husker team shows up as in the past. We will do some amazing things ... and have same kind of undisciplined/mistake ridden type game that makes this a 10 point game with no clear winner until the end. I do think we win this one however. The Iowa game is the tripper ... this game will be like playing Mizzou in the past 20 years. We will find a way to make it a game.

Again, there is no way you've watched Iowa play this year..................their defense is terrible and their offense is worse then their defense. If they lose to Michigan, that team will pack it up if they haven't already. They've won 4 games.............yes 4! This past weekend they were selling tickets outside the stadium for $5.00 a piece. If they beat Michigan and have to beat us to win that 6th game, THEN I will agree that they'll play really hard............if not they're done. Their coach is way to conservative to do the things they need to do to beat us.

I know what you are saying BigRedIowan ... however, I've seen quite a few bad Mizzou teams play the Huskers well over the past 30 years ... especially when we have had much more in talent. Mizzou always seemed to play us hard on their field and wanted to prove so much. With Iowa's season ... I see the same thing ... this is their game that redeems the whole year. On top of ... they will have a Husker team that rest assured ... will find a way to put the ball on the carpet, will find a way to give up an int ... will find a way to do all the things that raise the blood pressure of so many. Frankly, I'm not debating the point ... it's just my perception after watching another season, one of five, upon which when you think the Huskers of old might show up ... the Huskers of new show up. If I had seen a bit of discipline any part of this season ... if I had seen the mistakes that I'm told will be corrected be done ... I'd state it differently ... but to me it's just too perfect to see even the Iowa game be a barn burner full of all kinds of excitement. Who the hell knows what we will see come that day ... only heaven knows. It will be fun to watch ... and frustrating ... I believe. By the way, I'll be rooting for a blowout!

I know what you are saying BigRedIowan ... however, I've seen quite a few bad Mizzou teams play the Huskers well over the past 30 years ... especially when we have had much more in talent. Mizzou always seemed to play us hard on their field and wanted to prove so much. With Iowa's season ... I see the same thing ... this is their game that redeems the whole year. On top of ... they will have a Husker team that rest assured ... will find a way to put the ball on the carpet, will find a way to give up an int ... will find a way to do all the things that raise the blood pressure of so many. Frankly, I'm not debating the point ... it's just my perception after watching another season, one of five, upon which when you think the Huskers of old might show up ... the Huskers of new show up. If I had seen a bit of discipline any part of this season ... if I had seen the mistakes that I'm told will be corrected be done ... I'd state it differently ... but to me it's just too perfect to see even the Iowa game be a barn burner full of all kinds of excitement. Who the hell knows what we will see come that day ... only heaven knows. It will be fun to watch ... and frustrating ... I believe. By the way, I'll be rooting for a blowout!

I think this weekend will determine how that game goes...............beat Michigan and it's gonna be interesting on some level, lose to Michigan and they're done. I've had two Hawkeye fans in the past two days offer to sell me their tickets and they're saying everyone else is doing the same. We have the opportunity to paint that stadium red and need to do it to basically embarass them in their own house. Their fans have lost all faith in this team and when that happens, the players are hearing it, feeling it, and just want the season to be over. Hell, Ferentz won't even put their back-up in to prepare for next season because he's loyal to a fault with his players. Vandenburg might possibly be the WORST QB in the B1G. I agree we'll probably put the ball on the carpet a few times as we've done it all season, but we would literally have to have another Iowa State turnover margin game for them to be in this game on any level. Even then, they probably couldn't translate those turnovers into points with their offense. Our secondary will not be challenged deep, their offensive coordinator has zero faith in their offense and doesn't seem to throw the ball over 10 yards in the past few games.

I think this weekend will determine how that game goes...............beat Michigan and it's gonna be interesting on some level, lose to Michigan and they're done. I've had two Hawkeye fans in the past two days offer to sell me their tickets and they're saying everyone else is doing the same. We have the opportunity to paint that stadium red and need to do it to basically embarass them in their own house. Their fans have lost all faith in this team and when that happens, the players are hearing it, feeling it, and just want the season to be over. Hell, Ferentz won't even put their back-up in to prepare for next season because he's loyal to a fault with his players. Vandenburg might possibly be the WORST QB in the B1G. I agree we'll probably put the ball on the carpet a few times as we've done it all season, but we would literally have to have another Iowa State turnover margin game for them to be in this game on any level. Even then, they probably couldn't translate those turnovers into points with their offense. Our secondary will not be challenged deep, their offensive coordinator has zero faith in their offense and doesn't seem to throw the ball over 10 yards in the past few games.

BIGREDIOWAN, if you come across anyone selling tickets cheaper than 130/ticket, let me know. I have been looking for some, but refuse to spend that much. Iowa City is only 2 hrs from me lol.