AVCA High School All America Team

GM_Tood

The American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) is proud to announce the seventh annual Under Armour Girls High School All-America Teams. The 100 players selected for this year's honors represent 32 states and 89 high schools. Many have already committed to play collegiate volleyball at some of the top programs in the country. Each of the players on the First Team will be invited to play in the Under Armour All-America Volleyball Match & Skills Competition.

The event will be held at the KFC Yum! Center on December 14th in Louisville, Ky., in conjunction with the 2012 AVCA Annual Convention.

http://avca.org/awar...ca/high-school/

Congrats to Husker recruits Amber Rolfzen(1st Team), Kadie Rolfzen(1st Team), Kira Larson(2nd Team), and Kelly Hunter(2nd Team).

We definitely need some sort of spark for next year. There is just something missing from the squad this year.

If I am cook, I start with looking at service receive to find what is missing.

And we have to be the only team in the nation without a dynamic server.

Yes. (Though Werth, Strange, and Mancuso have excellent jump serves...not sure why Cook doesn't let them unleash it)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE* Even though they lost the match Amber Rolfzen was named as the Most Undeniable Player for Team East. Her presence at the outside position made things difficult for West all night. It was a fun match to watch. You guys down in Lincoln should see them on campus soon after the first of the year.

• 2 weeks later...
We definitely need some sort of spark for next year. There is just something missing from the squad this year.

Yes. (Though Werth, Strange, and Mancuso have excellent jump serves...not sure why Cook doesn't let them unleash it)

Cook has always had the attitude that he wants his servers to get the ball in play and allow his defense and offense to work. Service errors because you are trying to be too aggressive are momentum killers.

Cook has always had the attitude that he wants his servers to get the ball in play and allow his defense and offense to work. Service errors because you are trying to be too aggressive are momentum killers.

If that is his philosophy then it's a little bothersome. Too many times we had multiple service errors at critical points in the match. With this philosophy we should be serving in the high 90s percent wise. Like 99%!