TM to NY Ceremony: My bet with my pops

In 2010, after the KState game, I made a bet with my pops that TM would be invited to NY for the Heisman ceremony, if not win it, before he graduates. Only has to get there tho, like Suh did, not win the trophy to win the bet. He laughed at me and told me no way in hell would it happen, shook my hand and was excited to kick my a$$ in this wager.

Bet is: Loser has to buy dinner and drinks for the entire family (4 siblings, spouses, kids, pops and Mom) at the restaurant of choice of the winner. We both have expensive taste, particularly when it's not on our own dime........

At the time, not a bad bet. Last year he was rubbing it in HARD 'cause it looked all but impossible. At times this year, it's been back and forth, of course.....but leaning back in my favor.

This really doesn't have anything to do with my question, however it really baffles me that he is so far in the rear view mirror of B Miller at tOSU in terms of Heisman hype when I don't think there is any question that TM is just plain better, pound for pound. That UCLA game, in hindsight, really set the tone for how that has played out......but I digest.....(yes, I know that's spelled wrong)

Also, I don't post often, but if you search my history...you'll see that I'm not a fairweather fan of the guy...been propping him up through thick and thin. As most are now of the same feeling, the guy is just a warrior and a damn good football player.

Anywho: On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being NO CHANCE and 10 being 100% CHANCE, will TM at least be in NY next season for the ceremony as a candidate?

I'll go first: 9.5 barring injury.

In 2010, after the KState game, I made a bet with my pops that TM would be invited to NY for the Heisman ceremony, if not win it, before he graduates. Only has to get there tho, like Suh did, not win the trophy to win the bet. He laughed at me and told me no way in hell would it happen, shook my hand and was excited to kick my a$$ in this wager.

Bet is: Loser has to buy dinner and drinks for the entire family (4 siblings, spouses, kids, pops and Mom) at the restaurant of choice of the winner. We both have expensive taste, particularly when it's not on our own dime........

At the time, not a bad bet. Last year he was rubbing it in HARD 'cause it looked all but impossible. At times this year, it's been back and forth, of course.....but leaning back in my favor.

This really doesn't have anything to do with my question, however it really baffles me that he is so far in the rear view mirror of B Miller at tOSU in terms of Heisman hype when I don't think there is any question that TM is just plain better, pound for pound. That UCLA game, in hindsight, really set the tone for how that has played out......but I digest.....(yes, I know that's spelled wrong)

Also, I don't post often, but if you search my history...you'll see that I'm not a fairweather fan of the guy...been propping him up through thick and thin. As most are now of the same feeling, the guy is just a warrior and a damn good football player.

Anywho: On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being NO CHANCE and 10 being 100% CHANCE, will TM at least be in NY next season for the ceremony as a candidate?

I'll go first: 9.5 barring injury.

Why? Are you hungry? :lol:

If he improves over this year, he definitely has a shot at going. I'd give it an 8.5.

All depends on how the team is doing. You can have great stats but if your team loses 3+ games you've got very little chance. You can have just above average stats but if you're the QB on the #1 team, you'll probably get invited.

As several have noted, Our schedule gets easier next year. UCLA comes to Lincoln and we go to Ann Arbor. We won't see tOSU or Wisconsin until the CCG by which time the finalists will basically have been determined. If we can get by UCLA and Michigan - or even only lose one of those - and take care of the rest of our business, he'll probably be getting good consideration.

Still, that's a lot of variables. I'd probably go with 6 for now but you never know.

I will give it a 5. Even with good stats next year it will only take one game with not so impressive numbers that will ruin his chances. The media spotlight around our program and how much ESPN tends to nitpick at Nebraska/Taylor's flaws will go against him. There are a lot of players each year that have that Heisman swagger to them and I don't think Taylor has it.

Honestly I could see Abdullah making it before Taylor does.

If he cleans up his turnovers, he's got a great shot at getting there next year. If he faces the kind of "competition" for the Heisman next year that we have this year, I could easily see him getting invited.

Holding all the major records at a historic school like Nebraska will catch a lot of attention.

I'd say a 6. He's got so many weapons that actually will hurt his stats, but really it depends upon the record of the team. Anymore it seems like the best player on the best team gets it. So it also depends on that.

There are a lot of candidates or players that will be 'spotlighted'. He might make it to New York but I wouldn't put money on it.

I would say 7.5 for next year. I actually think it has more to do with his legs than his arm. He has shown us sparkling examples of both, but not really done them at the same time in any huge fashion.

If He breaks some of those runs we saw in his early career, and some of the passing games we have seen recently, and shows the maturity growth, and does all this consistently, I would put him at a 9.

He has the skills, and has certainly grown, but can he put it all together in every game next year?

If he can, I am not concerned about the Heisman. He will likely win it. I am more concerned about the rankings and a trip to win the MNC.

What a nice dream that is. Hope they can do it and bring another trophy home.