AJ Barker quits Minnesota, posts a long scathing letter to Jerry Kill

tschu

I wouldnt be surprised to see this posted about Bo..

Really? I'd be pretty shocked

You dont think Bo hasnt destroyed people... He does publicly, so I assume he does it privately... hopefully he isnt as personal as Coach Kill, but it would not surprise me at all.

Coaches yelling at players is standard everywhere and in every sport

The difference here being a combination of a lot of things, witholding a scholarship and holding that over his head, blatant disregard for a player's injury, etc. Not so much the words but the actions.

You don't want him. Read the letter.

Barker admits he didn't follow the team's rehab instructions and he can't handle the coach's resulting criticism. The kid says he doesn't need the scholarship but he's angry about not getting it. This kiss-off letter is an emotional reaction from a kid who needed to be level-headed and unemotional.

He's a good receiver, but a bad teammate.

Barker admits he didn't follow the team's rehab instructions and he can't handle the coach's resulting criticism. The kid says he doesn't need the scholarship but he's angry about not getting it. This kiss-off letter is an emotional reaction from a kid who needed to be level-headed and unemotional.

How can you say/know he is a bad teammate?

I dont think we know the whole story....

ya i posted that before i read the entire letter. After reading it, it seems like he feels that he should/needs extra treatment and is God's special gift.

You're right, we don't know the whole story. But he refused to do his rehab the way he was supposed to, he quit the team during the season, and he's trying to take the coach down with him. Coach Kill might be a tough, mean coach - I have my suspicions about that - but Barker is definitely a bad teammate, for the reason I listed above.

Re: the injury thing, there's something to be said for looking out for yourself if you suspect that your trainers are being dishonest with you. (If you believe the letter, they were being dishonest.) He also admitted to failing to follow their instructions though for bizarre reasons. So again, both ways.

You're right, we don't know the whole story. But he refused to do his rehab the way he was supposed to, he quit the team during the season, and he's trying to take the coach down with him. Coach Kill might be a tough, mean coach - I have my suspicions about that - but Barker is definitely a bad teammate, for the reason I listed above.

I think we disagree on if he didnt follow the rehab because of his own concerns..

You are 100% correct about quitting on the team early and trying to take the coach down with him.

I am not trying to defend this kid, but if what he said is true, he had a right to leave and coach Kill has a lot of learning to do.

I am not taking AJ;s side... I am simply saying we dont know the whole story... You could be right(and may very well be) but I am just saying it is hard to say what kind of teammate he is.