Pelini's best team  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I say 2012 because this team is HIS players. Players that he recruited and developed. 2009 had a great defense but our offense was awful.

You do realize out defense broke a five or six DECADE record for poorest performance this year right?

Ranked 19th in Defense this year, even with our two game slip ups. I don't think our defense is THAT horrible. Our defense under Callahan was much worse than this years. That "record" was broke before Bo entered the doors. She is saying the best TEAM, not best part of the team. I agree, this year is the best TEAM we had. Best offense? Yes. Best defense? No.

This is really a tough question. In my opinion, Bo has yet to field a really "complete" team. It's unbelievable to say it, but in the beginning it was all defense, and no offense. Watching Suh and Crew tear it up and hold teams to record lows, only to watch our offense score their usual 12 points. It was hard to watch. Then you get a this year's team.

Here you go again with this revisionist history - you realize 2008 was his first year, not 2009? 2008, where Joe Ganz put up videogame stats all season and our offense nearly led the country in time of possession to keep our defense afloat? Where Bo awarded the Blackshirts after we gave up the elite amount of 35 points to Kansas?

Edit: Who is Crew?

I think you know what he meant.

This is really a tough question. In my opinion, Bo has yet to field a really "complete" team. It's unbelievable to say it, but in the beginning it was all defense, and no offense. Watching Suh and Crew tear it up and hold teams to record lows, only to watch our offense score their usual 12 points. It was hard to watch. Then you get a this year's team.

Here you go again with this revisionist history - you realize 2008 was his first year, not 2009? 2008, where Joe Ganz put up videogame stats all season and our offense nearly led the country in time of possession to keep our defense afloat? Where Bo awarded the Blackshirts after we gave up the elite amount of 35 points to Kansas?

Did he mean that in the beginning it was all defense and no offense? Because that's what he said, and it's inaccurate.

Did he mean that in the beginning it was all defense and no offense? Because that's what he said, and it's inaccurate.

Unless you didn't read the sentence right after the one you highlighted, I think you know what he meant.

But yes, you're technically right. Congratulations for earning another internet "gotcha" point.

Unless you didn't read the sentence right after the one you highlighted, I think you know what he meant.

But yes, you're technically right. Congratulations for earning another internet "gotcha" point.

No, I'm genuinely confused. "It was hard to watch."?

People forget how close this year's team is to being around 6-5 right now. A crazy comeback against NW. A crazy replay official against Penn St. A crazy stupid personal foul on Dennard's 99-yard would-be pick six that kept us hanging on. What happens if Robinson doesn't get injured? Or Gardner comes in instead of worst-FBS-QB-I-can-remember Bellomy? Who knows? But I bet it goes down to the wire. This year has been Angels in the Endzone for us. And it's been fun to watch, but I don't pretend this is a great team.

And some people forget (or conveniently ignore) how close this team is to being 11-0. Nebraska's mistakes gave Ohio State 21 easy points and handed UCLA the game.

Don't really care to read where this post is now...probably..off topic by now.....since that is the way it usually goes.....and this is kind of like padding your stats..cuz I need some posts!

I voted 2009...maybe I am partial to Suh, but that line stopped everyone running for the majority of the year.

You can say that Vtech, and Texas are probably the only two teams worth a penny on the run game, but that front like was nasty, and the secondary was a scary.

Tmart would of been torn apart, and the ballhawking would enSUH.

2009 wins with Field Goals and D-TD's

2009 - 23

2012 - 18