What I think our Divisions should look like

With the addition of Rutgers and Maryland next year the divisions are obviously going to change.

But I don't think we have to remain standard in their formations and how they play out.

I believe that the B1G looking to take the conference to another level, and here is how I'd like to see it play out.

2 Divisions (East/West) Legends and Leaders, I don't really care anymore.

4 sub divisions of three teams a piece

2 float teams (last years division winners)

West 1

Wisconsin

Iowa

Minnesota

West 2

Northwestern

Michigan State

Illinois

Nebraska Floats (assuming 2012 division winners)

East 1

Michigan

Rutgers

Purdue

East 2

Maryland

Penn State

Indiana

Ohio State Floats (already determined 2012 division winners)

The way I would like to see it. Is the Division winners should play each other week 1 a "true" neutral site, and then would play all teams who finished 3-10 during the last season.

Each conference schedule should be created just prior to the season starts. Non-con remains the same.

The bottom feeders will have the easiest schedules to play to promote the most teams possible making them bowl eligible.

Each team play the two teams in their sub division first, two in each of the other sub divisions totaling 8 conference games.

The home and away games would be determined only by where you played that team last.

There are obviously lots of other issues with doing it this way, but its a thought

With the addition of Rutgers and Maryland next year the divisions are obviously going to change.

But I don't think we have to remain standard in their formations and how they play out.

I believe that the B1G looking to take the conference to another level, and here is how I'd like to see it play out.

West 1

Wisconsin

Iowa

Minnesota

West 2

Northwestern

Michigan State

Illinois

East 1

Michigan

Rutgers

Purdue

East 2

Maryland

Penn State

Indiana

The way I would like to see it. Is the Division winners should play each other week 1 a "true" neutral site, and then would play all teams who finished 3-10 during the last season.

Each conference schedule should be created just prior to the season starts. Non-con remains the same.

The bottom feeders will have the easiest schedules to play to promote the most teams possible making them bowl eligible.

Each team play the two teams in their sub division first, two in each of the other sub divisions totaling 8 conference games.

The home and away games would be determined only by where you played that team last.

There are obviously lots of other issues with doing it this way, but its a thought

I like the notion of the two division winners squaring off. But I think the bolded part would cause all sorts of logistics problems. Probably insurmountable logistics problems.

West 1

Wisconsin

Iowa

Minnesota

West 2

Northwestern

Michigan State

Illinois

East 1

Michigan

Rutgers

Purdue

East 2

Maryland

Penn State

Indiana

I like the notion of the two division winners squaring off. But I think the bolded part would cause all sorts of logistics problems. Probably insurmountable logistics problems.

Just slide Wisconsin over to the Legends division. Add Maryland and Rutgers to Leaders. Stop the cross rivalry game with PSU. Done.

here is my thoughts on it.

BEST DIVISION: 1) tosu

2)Nebraska

3) Michigan

4) MSU

5) Penn St. ( Will be moved to other side once Scholarships start taking affect and they nose dive.)

6)Wisconsin

7) Iowa

Everyone gets a chance for a Trophy Division: Northwestern

Purdue

Rutgers

Indiana

Maryland

Minnasota

Illinois.

There Now it is fair/lol. This years Big Ten Championship I announce TOSU against a 6-6 powerhouse Indiana.

West

Nebraska

Wisconsin

Iowa

Minnesota

Northwestern

Illinois

Sparty

East

Ohio State

Penn State

Maryland

Rutgers

Indiana

Turdue

skunkweasels

Delaney has to end this sick fascination of "The Game" being the B1G champ game. It should set up who gets to go to Indy.

Makes the most sense.

Nebraska - Wisconsin should absolutely be an annual game.

edit: my favorite part is where you called them "east" and "west".

If you are gonna trade two teams in the Leaders division for the one team in the Legends division, it might as well be a territorial as possible. Meaning, you swap Illinois and Wisconsin for Michigan, and add Maryland and Rutgers to the Leaders division.

Big East looks grim right now, because if the ACC really grabs UConn, Boise St. San Diego St. and BYU are already talking to the MWC about coming back to that conference. So that leaves Louisville, Cincinnati, South Florida, Temple, Central Florida, SMU, and Houston.

Anyway, the ACC will pick a team out of the Big East, either UConn, Louisville, Cincinnati or South Florida (though I think South Florida is a long shot).

If you are gonna pick two teams out of the Big East, you can pick two decent teams, like Louisville and Cincinnati. Your also adding another rivalry (Keg of Nails) between Louisville and Cincinnati.

• Fire 1

If you are gonna trade two teams in the Leaders division for the one team in the Legends division, it might as well be a territorial as possible. Meaning, you swap Illinois and Wisconsin for Michigan, and add Maryland and Rutgers to the Leaders division.

Big East looks grim right now, because if the ACC really grabs UConn, Boise St. San Diego St. and BYU are already talking to the MWC about coming back to that conference. So that leaves Louisville, Cincinnati, South Florida, Temple, Central Florida, SMU, and Houston.

Anyway, the ACC will pick a team out of the Big East, either UConn, Louisville, Cincinnati or South Florida (though I think South Florida is a long shot).

If you are gonna pick two teams out of the Big East, you can pick two decent teams, like Louisville and Cincinnati. Your also adding another rivalry (Keg of Nails) between Louisville and Cincinnati.

This is the scenario that I think "should happen".... It keeps Mich-OSU in tact, adds Neb-Wiscy... and if we keep the same concept of playing the "annual" game vs the opposite side, it would keep the Mich-Sparty in-state battle alive...along with Neb-PSU... This would make the most sense (without putting a lot of thought)..... but if it truly makes the most sense, then there is ZERO CHANCE that it happens.