Beck Vs Watson

I'm not sure how you can list all of those QB's names, watch how much our offenses struggled and noT COMPLETELY SEE MY ARGUMENT. You basically listed all the projects that never really worked out better than I did.

Unless this is one of those times where sarcasm was intended and it just completely went over my head.

Ganz didn't work out? Ganz is the very definition of a system QB who despite not having the physical tools, flourished after years of work behind the scenes.

Lee was off to a hot start and then wrecked his throwing arm. Whose fault is that?

Watson had Taylor for one year. Taylor was probably one of the rawest QBs in the nation at the time, he only started playing pretty late in high school and he's still working on his mechanics to this day.

Green was the same way. My point is that no OC was going to run with Taylor or Cody and not have a lot of growing pains in their early years. If we recruit another Taylor and throw him out as a freshman you can expect the same thing from Beck or anybody else.

I mean look at Beck's work with Taylor in 2011. A lot of struggling and that was year 2 of Taylor. But that's not on Beck, it's the nature of the beast. When you work with project athletes who are more athletes than QBs then you'll get your struggles. Thank goodness Taylor put in serious work this past offseason, he's a changed man.

What is this? An attempt to convert me to a f'ing' Watson lover? I don't care what was Watson's fault, or who's fault. I was never please with the development of our offense. I never like his play calling. I didn't think he adjusted very well. I didn't think our QB's ever progressively looked better from year to year. That's that! We clearly disagree. I'm glad he's gone. I like Beck. I'm glad Beck is running this offense and I won't be converting to a Louisville Cardinal because "it Wasn't Shawn Watson's fault we sucked".

The End.

The post above had some games missing. Here are all games from 2009 and 2010.

Western Kentucky W 49-10

Idaho W 38-17

Washington W 56-21

S. Dakota St.-HC W 17- 3

Kansas State W 48-13

Texas L 13-20

Oklahoma State W 51-41

Missouri W 31-17

Iowa State W 31-30 (OT)

Kansas W 20- 3

Texas A&M L 6-9

Colorado W 45-17

Oklahoma L 20-23

Washington L 7-19

Fla. Atlantic W 49- 3

Arkansas State W 38- 9

Virginia Tech L 15-16

La.-Lafayette-HC W 55- 0

Missouri W 27-12

Texas Tech L 10-31

Iowa State L 7-9

Baylor W 20-10

Oklahoma W 10-3

Kansas W 31-17

Kansas State W 17- 3

Colorado W 28-20

Texas L 12-13

Arizona W 33- 0

OK, you got me. I agree with you.

Ganz didn't look better from '08 to '09. I don't think he even scored a touchdown that year.

Lee didn't look better from '09 to '10.

Taylor didn't look better from '10 to '11. ;) does this mean Beck is batting .500?

In case you missed it though, I like Beck too. Take it easy there, gunslinger! :lol: I just think we don't need to artificially drag Watson through the mud to prop up Beck. Beck's doing just fine on his own rights. Watson's a decent coach, pulled his weight and then some on this staff, and worked his balls off for the university of Nebraska. His departure in the end, really a win-win-win.

The post above had some games missing. Here are all games from 2009 and 2010.

Western Kentucky W 49-10

Idaho W 38-17

Washington W 56-21

S. Dakota St.-HC W 17- 3

Kansas State W 48-13

Texas L 13-20

Oklahoma State W 51-41

Missouri W 31-17

Iowa State W 31-30 (OT)

Kansas W 20- 3

Texas A&M L 6-9

Colorado W 45-17

Oklahoma L 20-23

Washington L 7-19

Fla. Atlantic W 49- 3

Arkansas State W 38- 9

Virginia Tech L 15-16

La.-Lafayette-HC W 55- 0

Missouri W 27-12

Texas Tech L 10-31

Iowa State L 7-9

Baylor W 20-10

Oklahoma W 10-3

Kansas W 31-17

Kansas State W 17- 3

Colorado W 28-20

Texas L 12-13

Arizona W 33- 0

If you were paying attention, I was only listing games where we scored higher than 17 points. Thanks for an unnecessary win-loss record from '09-'10, though.

What is this? An attempt to convert me to a f'ing' Watson lover? I don't care what was Watson's fault, or who's fault. I was never please with the development of our offense. I never like his play calling. I didn't think he adjusted very well. I didn't think our QB's ever progressively looked better from year to year. That's that! We clearly disagree. I'm glad he's gone. I like Beck. I'm glad Beck is running this offense and I won't be converting to a Louisville Cardinal because "it Wasn't Shawn Watson's fault we sucked".

The End.

It's an attempt to get you to realize your arguments suck and you keep jumping to new ones. My favorite is that you don't think our starting quarterbacks ever looked progressively better over years, considering Watson had three different starters in three years...

Once Bo came, Wats was done IMO. Two different philosophies and players needed. Wats showed flashes of brilliance and then utter full stupid. Same with Beck. IMO, what we are seeing, is the results of the same system, same QB, same philosophy and same staff for 2 years. Beck has also shown flashes of brilliance, BUT has also blown games by being stupid. See Wisky and Michicken last year and UCLA this year. To Beck's credit, he realizes his mistakes, has shown a growth, continues to add new plays and schemes ie toss sweep to attack the edges and actually really getting all the guys involved. Do not think I can remember a season in which so many guys have gotten touches, Rex, AA, Cross, Heard, Martinez, Reed, Cotton, Enunwa, Osbourne, JT, Bell, Marlowe etc, etc, etc. He is preading the ball and starting to make DCs decide which sword to die by, the pass or the run..........

A knock on both was/is the inability to really develop a QB. Beck proved to me he has the humility to get the job done by allowing (possibly encouraging) Martinez to get an off season QB coach. Ganz, IMO, has also proven a steady hand who knows what the pressure cooker of NU football is. Great adition who has really helped Martinez and Beck both develop.

I was not a Beck apologist at the beginning of the year, but he has proven to me he has potential and has shown that he, like Bo, is starting to "get it". I like that. We are starting to get an identity as a team. We can pound the ball, hit the edge or bring the rain with equal ability. Minus mistakes, I really think we might be the hardest O to defend when we are clicking. The only thing really stopping us on O is stupid mistakes ie penalties and fumbles.

With all things being even, I would go with Beck.

Watson was and still is a very smart offensive coach. However, what he wanted the offense to be and what Bo wanted it to be were completely different. Beck is definitely a better fit here. I think part of the slow starts happen because Beck likes to call his main plays early and see what the defense gives them before he gets creative. It seemed Watson liked to attack early and then get stuck in a rut. Just what I notice but, I'm a fan of Beck and I'm glad he's at Nebraska.

Watson sucked ass.

As much as I'd like to buy what the Watson apologists are selling, that 7 points against Iowa State, that 15 points against Virginia Tech, 12 points against Texas, 6 points against Texas during the "revenge" game, 6 points against Texas A&M, and 7 points against Washington, ect. just makes me think he, in fact, sucked ass.

But he's long gone, so I'm not too worried about it at this point. We've moved on to bigger and much better things.

Watson sucked ass.

As much as I'd like to buy what the Watson apologists are selling, that 7 points against Iowa State, that 15 points against Virginia Tech, 12 points against Texas, 13 points against Texas during the "revenge" game, 6 points against Texas A&M, and 7 points against Washington, ect. just makes me think he, in fact, sucked ass.

But he's long gone, so I'm not too worried about it at this point. We've moved on to bigger and much better things.

I think Beck will end up being a better fit than Watson. Watson seems to be doing a good job at Lou, so I am happy for him, and Beck doesn't seem to panic, like I think he did in the UCLA game. He is is showing improvement each game, I think. I agree on the games you listed above, except the "revenge game". There was 21 to 28 points left on the field by the players in that game, not Watson.

My wish now is that Beck shows his loyalty to Bo and sticks around for quite a while, if he turns out to be the O/C Bo needs,to get this team to where he wants it.. Beck was given a big break by Bo, handing him that O/C job.

GBR!!!

Watson sucked ass.

As much as I'd like to buy what the Watson apologists are selling, that 7 points against Iowa State, that 15 points against Virginia Tech, 12 points against Texas, 13 points against Texas during the "revenge" game, 6 points against Texas A&M, and 7 points against Washington, ect. just makes me think he, in fact, sucked ass.

I agree with all the above, but the most aggravating performance to me was the Oklahoma CCG. NU jumps out to a 20 point lead then does absolutely nothing on offense. I thought the wife and kids were going to sign me up for a mental hospital for screaming at Watson to run the ball and kick the field goal for the tie when he called consecutive drop passes resulting in sacks to take NU out of field goal range.

Not trying to be a Watson apologist, but he didnt have much to work with in terms of offensive line. Most of the big time Oline talent we had committed left after Callahan was fired. In fact, we are still feeling the voids at times today.

Other thing is, as a defensive coach, a good one at that, Bo knows as well as anyone what kind of offense can be very stressful on a defense at the college level. It's why he chose Martinez over Lee. His vision did not match that or the skillset of Watson. Bo and Beck have worked together in the past and understand what each other wants to do. It just wasnt a good fit with Watson. Doesnt mean he isnt good at what he does. He's proving this year at Louisville that he is, but you can't expect a Mexican to successfully teach a french class.