Dear Mr. Frost, we are waiting for your latest...

Right. Just go back to providing the board with some "enlightened insight" such as, "NU will be getting a couple of more recruits within the next few weeks, but I wont give you names, positions, ratings, or exact numbers

Ironically, i would ask you to provide proof i ever said NU would land such and such in 2, 3 weeks but i know you wouldn't be able to do so because no such quotes exist.

I was making an "exaggeration" on your topic "Another Commit" where you posted "Keep your eyes open for this weekend ;) " but gave no other info.

It was as insightful and truthful as your "inside information" about how the whole ruckus before the NU-CU game was caused by NU streching over the Buffs logo at midfield. But they dont even have a logo at midfield at CU

:rollin:rollin:rollin

FolsomPress2.jpg

Oh wow <_<

Excuse me for getting the location of the logo wrong. Big deal, the logos are placed at the 25 yard line and not the 50. I can admit i was wrong about where it went down but the information about how it went down still stands. That's sad that your only way of trying to respond is just pointing out a moot issue like the location of the logo

former WR and captain Pilk??

He quit football all together didn't he? I don't remember him really saying anything bad about coaches. Could be wrong though.

Last I remember, he declined comment.

He did? WOW, what is this then

Pilkington said he believes Nebraska football has a bright future.

"There's been a change in tradition, a tradition that's been built up for however many years," he said. "But I think there's a new tradition in the making. I think the talent they're bringing in is going to be unbelievable. They're going to press forward and have a lot of championships in the future.

Link

How IRONIC FF :dumdum

I dont really want to get involved in this, but I have to point out gross misinformation when i see it. Fabian said, after the season, that he really wanted to stay on the team because he believed that they were heading in the right direction, which is why is was a real shock when fabian entered the draft, due to FINANCIAL CONCERNS for his family. This supposed run in with Cosgrove would have occurred during the season, and that makes no sense in light of Washington's remarks after the season. Josh Bullucks, who has never been seperated from his twin brother Daniel, jumped to the draft because he wanted to move his family out of the ghetto in Tennessee, but wanted to stay at NU so much, that he convinced his brother Dan to stay here despite the fact that they had never been seperated before. Pilk is an Eric Crouch case. The man doesnt like playing football, that why he was in the minor leagues straight out of high school. Birkel was upset about playing time and a limited amount of reps in practice. No one on the team in enititled to playing time. They have to earn it. If Birkel was that stupendous in practice, than surely he would be able to get on another D-1 team? The only people not supporting the coaches are some of the fans. I have friends on the football team, and never have a heard a dispariging remark about a coach other than Elmo is kind of scary and he yells alot. Big deal. Dislike and distrust the coaches all you want, but as far as players go, you guys are all on your own.

Instead of bikering about the lousy football program, do something about it. There is an organization (lost in memory) that was very active after Solich was fired, whose aim was to get rid of Peterson. I suggest that those of you who believe that the AD and the cuurent coaches are wrong for this University, contact that group and take action. In other words, put your money where your mouth is and try to make real changes. Posting critiques constantly on this web serves no one any value. There is nothing wrong with objecting to the way you perceive the program is headed, but you have no effectiveness in your contant whinning to those who believe otherwise. Thi doesn't necessarily mean you are not a fan of NU football, tradtionally, or that you shouldn't be able to have the freedom to criticize. Just do it effectively. Step up to the plate and take action. Give us all your progress reports, would you?

former WR and captain Pilk??

He quit football all together didn't he? I don't remember him really saying anything bad about coaches. Could be wrong though.

Last I remember, he declined comment.

He did? WOW, what is this then

Pilkington said he believes Nebraska football has a bright future.

"There's been a change in tradition, a tradition that's been built up for however many years," he said. "But I think there's a new tradition in the making. I think the talent they're bringing in is going to be unbelievable. They're going to press forward and have a lot of championships in the future.

Link

How IRONIC FF :dumdum

Good article, I have never read it before, sorry I dont read EVERY single article there is. Good find :thumbs

BTW, you must have conveniently forgotten these quotes from that article:

"When I decided to come here three years ago with Frank and Coach Brown, it was just a great sense of family feeling here," Pilkington said. "After Frank was fired and the way he was fired, it was almost like losing a dad, and then with losing Coach Brown, too.

"I never got that feeling back that I had before they were gone. I think it was just time for me to step aside and let the new coaches have the new talent they want in here to run their new offense."

"I wish nothing but the best for every one of (my teammates)," he said. "I still had that family feeling for them. I love them to death and I'm going to miss them, but at the same time I have to do what's right for me, and that's stepping aside."

While not exactly a damning condemnation, it doesnt sound like he was totally happy with the situation, either.

How IRONIC, NH :dumdum

FolsomPress2.jpg

Oh wow  <_<

Excuse me for getting the location of the logo wrong. Big deal, the logos are placed at the 25 yard line and not the 50. I can admit i was wrong about where it went down but the information about how it went down still stands. That's sad that your only way of trying to respond is just pointing out a moot issue like the location of the logo

Thats a nice picture, my friend. Im not sure how old it is, however.

Just popped tape of the game from Friday, and there are no Buffs logos, or Big12 logos at the 25.

Anyone else with a copy of the game can confirm this.

Or just look here: http://www.cubuffs.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?ATC..._ID=9&ZID=22515

You swing, you miss, again. :lol:

I was watching some of the footage from the news clips and I didn't see a logo of anykind on the field, just in the endzone.

game clip

Can I get someone else's opinion. I didn't see any logo.

So Nameless, where is it that you get you information from??? Or do you just make things up and call them real. I expect someone with "insider information" to report accurate and truthful facts and figures.

On a side note...isn't that big COLORADO sign in the one end zone the stupidest thing you've ever seen? I think it was 87 when Kieth Jones had like a 60 yard touchdown run into that end zone and he ran all the way up to the top of the sign. I still chuckle when I think about it and how it probably pissed off Buff fans.

I'm wondering why all the people keep saying that Missouri was a terrible loss?  We were in pretty good position to win that game, we fought our asses off to get back into it and barring a huge play their defense made while we were rolling our way in for another score, we could have easily won that game. 
The reason is because NU DID lose. They never should have been down by 21 to begin with. Did they play their asses off to get tied, absolutely. But it still went down as a 17 point loss. No way to pump sunshine into that one.

I'll be the first to admit that our D was not stellar and the game plan was maybe a little off, but this was the 1st full game without one of our best LB's. 
The D scheme was terrible, and Im not so sure how much losing Bradley had to do with it.

Give some credit to Mizzou for getting pumped up for a home game that they probably consider their rival. 
NU is not their "rival" KU is :thumbs

There's a lot of talk about not seeing the progress in this team, and I just want to know what the hell you've been watching?
With the exception of 1 game CU, this O was terrible. So bad, infact that 400 yds and 13 regulation points against ISU were cause for celebration. They only had like 135 yards agains KU, the running O is the worst, ever at NU. Statistcally speaking, even after CU, this team has less YPG and PPG than 2004. Special teams-KO returns are the same, better punt returns, NU did get better in KO coverage, but gave up more punt return yards than in 04. And they have more penalty yardage in 05 than 04.

Defense, improved slightly, 45.6 yds PG (pretty good :thumbs ) but only gave up 6.7 point PG less.

The offense got much better once conference play rolled around.  The defense slipped a bit, and though they lost a great LB and defensive leader they still led the nation in sacks and came up with big plays pretty often.  Don't forget how young this team is either.
See above. The injuries and youth excuses are getting old, quick. This is the end of year 2 and NU finally played a complete game. Unacceptable.

And how about giving the teams we've played a bit of credit?
Probably the worse schedule I can ever remember in NU history.

I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses,
Yes, you are :blink: There have been a few slight improvements, that does not a trend make ;)

So to that I say to hell with the nay-sayers and pessimists, nobody really cares about you or what you think, because you don't matter.
So EVERY fans money is not important??? :wtf I bet pud would beg to differ <_< Without ALL of us, the last great streak left would also go by the wayside, the sellout streak. Its the only one WE control.

If you're a Nebraska fan the you stick w/the program thru thick and thin, good times and bad, because it's the program and the N on the helmet that matters. 
Yes, and we have. Attended games, purchased merchandise, paid "astronomical" amounts for PPV games, cheered for the team. We just dont have blind faith in someone who is unproven at best.

The players are happy and are behind this coaching staff, the recruits are happy and behind this coaching staff,
So now you speak for all of them, huh? I remember quite a few players, starters, AAs, and team captains not agreeing with this statement.

I know alot of MU fans down here and they would much rather beat NU in football than KU. MU and KU is a rival but mostly in basketball.

I was watching some of the footage from the news clips and I didn't see a logo of anykind on the field, just in the endzone.

game clip

Can I get someone else's opinion. I didn't see any logo.

So Nameless, where is it that you get you information from??? Or do you just make things up and call them real. I expect someone with "insider information" to report accurate and truthful facts and figures.

:yeah

Probably the same "insider" who informed him that Tuberville won a NC at Auburn :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

game clip

Can I get someone else's opinion.  I didn't see any logo.

So Nameless, where is it that you get you information from???  Or do you just make things up and call them real.  I expect someone with "insider information" to report accurate and truthful facts and figures.

First of all, you lack a reading comprehension. Read my post regarding the CU warmup. I stated the following "From my understanding..." That doesn't translate into insider information. It simply means this is how i heard it, be it someone at the game or a friend..etc. It doesn't mean i heard it from someone within the University. Nice assumption. Second off, to bad for you and FF, i have never used the word "insider information". That's a label you and FF have put on me. Don't try to pin something on me just because you decided to make assumptions. It makes you look stupid. Just a heads up

Are you pissed off at me because i have a few friends who work at the athletic Department and also know several guys on the football team? I can understand why FF has a contempt for me because i keep pointing out his shortcomings when he posts and his childish ways of twisting people's words around like everyone is aware of, but i am curious why you have some hatred and hostility towards me?

If it's because i report information and you are jealous because you are not prevy to the same info, i will understand. If it's because you hate someone knowing more then you do when it comes to whats happening with the team, i can UNDERSTAND that too. So what's yours excuse?

Whether you think i am coming off as arrogant with that response, that's your choice of taking it and digesting it and ASSUMING what you want. Not sure why some people have so much hatred towards other fans when all they are doing is providing them with information.