'Win Out' becoming a reality

ladyhawke

It has been mentioned before, but win Friday and it is the first time we have won 6 in a row since 2001. We have already restored the undefeated at home since 2001, but I REALLY hope we can get the conference championship in 2 weeks. Haven't had one of those since 1999 IIRC. That would go a long way to help recruiting IMO.

Love the original post....

If these guys win the B1G Championship and go to the Rose Bowl......Man oh man....with all the crap they have endured the last couple years. Changing conferences...."Welcome to the Big Ten" crap.....and just having difficult loses....that would be awesome....Would help recruiting an awful lot...

BTW, I work with some die hard Buckeye fans....I mean DIE HARD.....we had a meeting last week, and they told me everyday, and I am not joking....."Beat Wisconsin".....there is an intense dislike by some Buckeye fans for the badgers.....And they also said, having the Huskers in the Conference is great because Penn State should never have been in and Michigan, well, I will just take that as rivalry talk.

GBR!

If we get through this season and win the conference championship-even if it does have an asterisk-with the veterans on this team being Bo's supposed worst recruting classes, and now that we've settled in this new conference, we should be able so "set the cruise" so to speak and get back to just playin football, as we were in 2009. 2009 to me is really the only season Bo has had where it was just football and no drama or distractions if you would say. 2008 was his first year, 2010 was last year in big12 and all the Tmajic ups and downs, the A&M and whatnot. 2011 was first year in a new conference. This is year there were issues. Bo going to hospital. Tom stepping down. Alternate unis. Still new road trips in the Big10. New AD hire. Again some new coaches on staff. I just look at 2009 as really the only year in Bo's 5 that was really just about playing football without any major off-field distractions taking place. I'm thinking starting next year we'll get back to that, and it will take a lot of stress off the players and staff, becuase over the last 3 seasons, there has been a lot of off-field bs to endure on top of preparing for games.

• Fire 2

If we win the B1G Championship, it doesn't have an asterisk. This isn't attacking what you said, Accountability. I'm just tired of hearing this tainted Conference Championship BS from others.

These boys played by the rules and have done everything right. They "win out," and they earned it.

If we get through this season and win the conference championship-even if it does have an asterisk-with the veterans on this team being Bo's supposed worst recruting classes, and now that we've settled in this new conference, we should be able so "set the cruise" so to speak and get back to just playin football, as we were in 2009. 2009 to me is really the only season Bo has had where it was just football and no drama or distractions if you would say. 2008 was his first year, 2010 was last year in big12 and all the Tmajic ups and downs, the A&M and whatnot. 2011 was first year in a new conference. This is year there were issues. Bo going to hospital. Tom stepping down. Alternate unis. Still new road trips in the Big10. New AD hire. Again some new coaches on staff. I just look at 2009 as really the only year in Bo's 5 that was really just about playing football without any major off-field distractions taking place. I'm thinking starting next year we'll get back to that, and it will take a lot of stress off the players and staff, becuase over the last 3 seasons, there has been a lot of off-field bs to endure on top of preparing for games.

I lol'd at the part in bolded green. But yeah your overall premise I agree with. I seriously think that if Nebraska would have had any other coach during the 2008-2011 seasons the Huskers wouldn't have had 9 wins each season. In fact, I think that with the circumstances as they unfolded that if we had any other coach that NU would have had at least two losing seasons, already fired a coach, with the replacement already on the hot seat and on his way out.

There is, sadly, a segment of Husker fans who, at this time, don't realize the gem we have in Bo. They'll come around...eventually.