***HB Thanksgiving thread***

Heading out tonight with my extended "family" for a few.

Tomorrow at my folks with one of my brothers and his family. Looking forward to the homemade stuffing. Usually eat the dark meat as well, Mom is a staunch traditionalist, and roasts until dry.

Later in the day, will head to a few friends houses to say hi, and stuff more food in, after that, out for a few drinks, then home to sleep it all off.

Hope you all have a good day.

I've read a few articles in the past week about spatchcocking the turkey to reduce cooking time and also helping to keep the meat moist. Anybody ever done this?

spatchcocking?

(Tempted to look that one up but I'm at work).

It's Holidays like this that I miss my family the most

That's where you cut along the back bone of the bird and spread it open.

I do this with chickens on the grill, I put bricks on top to push the skin down and make it super crispy. I would assume the technique would work on turkey. Although it might get crowded in an oven with that size of a bird. Are you grilling?

today....eat as little as possible.

tomorrow ....drink beer. watch football. eat until it hurts. watch football. drink wine. eat again. nap/drool. wake up and complain I ate to much, while I'm warming up another plate for third meal. try to avoid extended late-night social drinking

Friday ... drink beer. watch football. get lazy with leftovers and just start piling everything into a bowl and tossing into the microwave. watch football. nap. try to avoid extended late-night social drinking

• Fire 2