Should we be worried about Wisconsin in the Big 10 Champ. Game?

I feel kinda iffy about everyone automatically pegging us to go the Rose Bowl. Wisco is not going to lay down, and the first half of the game in Lincoln they were sticking it to us. The key was line play, as our D-line schooled their O-line (whole game) and our O-line wore their D-line & backers out (2nd half only).

Has anyone noticed whether their line play has improved over the season? If so, it's not going to be the gimme that everyone thinks it is.

And there's always the whole difficulty of beating someone twice in one year (Washington in 2010 comes to mind).

If we do beat Wisco, then we have to sit through the whole possibility of a rematch against UCLA in the Rose Bowl...yikes.

Well, first off, comparing the Huskers now to the Huskers then isn't practical. While Wisconsin has improved, so have we, so I'm not buying it with them being the only one that has improved. Yes, their line play has improved and they are able to run the ball more. It is difficult beating the same team twice in a year, but I don't know if this team is going to allow anyone to stop them from their goals, couldn't have said that last season. I hope we play UCLA again, they WON'T beat us the second time. We'll get revenge on them for that whole debacle............

They have improved and so have we. They are 1 dimensional, we are not. This is not like Washington in 2010. IMO, that game meant absolutely nothing. We have not won a conference championship since 1999. I think that the "want to win it" passion is definitely in our favor. Wisky plays Penn State Sat. It will be very physical. We will have one extra day to rest/prepare as we play on Saturday. Rex will be back.

The game will be good. This team, IMO, has finally exercised whatever demons it brought with them this season. They have played from behind in four of the last five games. AND WON. Not bad. We have a secondary that can go man and allow the safeties to creep up in run support. Another plus. We beat them already. They are not invincible.

It will be tough as their strength ie run plays to our defensive weakness, but I think that Bo has gotten that slowed if not fixed completely. Iowa will be a good test as they are pretty much relying on their 225+ lb back to carry the load just as Wisky relies on their 2 big backs.

Ultimately, we need to put away the Hawkeyes on Friday and then get ready for Wisky.

Not an easy game by any means, but one that (if we get there) I think we win.

I want UCLA again. Beck will call to our strengths and not freak out this time. We beat them U-G-L-Y.

I am tired of hearing the comparison about playing a team twice, like in '10. Its not the same. Simple as that. We didn't come out and completely destroy this team, and have to play them in a sh**ty bowl. There is something to play for this go around. Same goes for UCLA, IF we make it to the Big 10 Championship Game, and IF we win. We will be eager to prove we are the better team. UCLA won't play it the way we did in '10 either, as they will want to finish the year strong.

We should be worried about every team we play, no matter who it is. If we show up thinking its going to be an easy game, your going to see a sloppy performance and most likely an upset.

You feel iffy about people pegging us in the Rose Bowl, and I feel iffy about people pegging us going to Indy. We still have one more game to play, and anything can happen. Just because your suppose to win, doesn't mean its going to happen. Ask KSU and Oregon for example. One game at a time. First Iowa, then worry about things afterward if we make it.

• Fire 1

I guess I haven't seen many people assuming we won't have to show up and play to beat Wiscy again. I for sure am not counting on anything like that. Both teams have improved and if either one of them takes a day off, the other is highly likely to win. Plus, this game concerns me even more due to the natural tendency of first game losers to play more inspired and first game winners to think it easier because it was done before. I do not like playing any team we have already beaten for the second time in a season ever. I haven't looked up Nebraska's history in this type of situation but the only ones I can recall did not go well at all for us the second go round. And I do agree with HNN that this is not at all the same situation as the Washington fiasco. Let's take care of business tomorrow first and then continue this discussion.

I feel kinda iffy about everyone automatically pegging us to go the Rose Bowl.

Who is doing that? I haven't seen this, or any credible evidence why we should be presuming we'll go to the Rose Bowl. We had to come back from 17 points down to beat them at home this year. We can't take anything for granted against this team.

And frankly, we aren't so good that we can't worry about Iowa first. We could easily give that game away, and if Michigan pulls off the upset against Ohio State we're not even in the CCG.

First things first.

They have improved and so have we. They are 1 dimensional, we are not. This is not like Washington in 2010. IMO, that game meant absolutely nothing. We have not won a conference championship since 1999. I think that the "want to win it" passion is definitely in our favor. Wisky plays Penn State Sat. It will be very physical. We will have one extra day to rest/prepare as we play on Saturday. Rex will be back.

The game will be good. This team, IMO, has finally exercised whatever demons it brought with them this season. They have played from behind in four of the last five games. AND WON. Not bad. We have a secondary that can go man and allow the safeties to creep up in run support. Another plus. We beat them already. They are not invincible.

It will be tough as their strength ie run plays to our defensive weakness, but I think that Bo has gotten that slowed if not fixed completely. Iowa will be a good test as they are pretty much relying on their 225+ lb back to carry the load just as Wisky relies on their 2 big backs.

Ultimately, we need to put away the Hawkeyes on Friday and then get ready for Wisky.

Not an easy game by any means, but one that (if we get there) I think we win.

I want UCLA again. Beck will call to our strengths and not freak out this time. We beat them U-G-L-Y.

I would agree with this post but I found the freudian slip sort of funny. I think you meant "exorcised". However, I would argue that we have exercised our demons more than we have exorcised them. If they are in fact exorcised, then we are on easy street.

AAH, Lets worry about Iowa first. I had a dream last night and it was of the Iowa St game and the 7 turnovers the Huskers had in that game and lost. Huskers did not have a turn over last game, so for average they are due at least 6 tomorrow. Iowa 17- Nebraska 13. Then Michigan goes onto win Saturday!

AAH, Lets worry about Iowa first. I had a dream last night and it was of the Iowa St game and the 7 turnovers the Huskers had in that game and lost. Huskers did not have a turn over last game, so for average they are due at least 6 tomorrow. Iowa 17- Nebraska 13. Then Michigan goes onto win Saturday!

Bad omen. Need to take care of the ball tomorrow and get it done.

Beat Iowa first. One game at a time...... Whisky doesn't scare me. It's our ability to beat ourselves that scares me. We are better than them in terms of talent. We should win this by 14+ points. I think we are destined to win after a long drought. I think it will be close , but Huskers will win on neutral territory with a large Husker fan base present. GBR!