Wisconsin vs Penn State Strategy

RedTexan

With Wisconsin meeting Nebraska next week, what do you think their strategy will be for tomorrows game? With the weather for tomorrow's game expected to be much like todays Nebraska/Iowa game (maybe slightly warmer) with a 30% chance of rain, does Wisconsin rest their starters as much as possible by liberally substituting during the game or do they feel they need to go all out so they don't limp into the Big Ten Championship game with a 4-4 conference record?

How many chances will you get to have bad record and still win the whole B1G? If I were coaching Wiscy, I wouldn't even remember who I was playing (Penn who?), everything would be geared toward keeping guys healthy and showing NU a bunch of crazy stuff to prepare for.

So you wouldn't care about winning the game? You go in with no game plan, and not caring, your going to get blown out by Penn State, and be a laughing stock of the conference. They beat PSU, and come out strong, that will give them the momentum for us.

Wisconsin will probably do what they have been doing all year long, make big plays on Special Teams, and run that ball down the opponents throat. Get Ball that TD to own the his record, and focus on NU starting Sunday. There will be film to watch, but they have played us already. That gives them and us the advantage.

With Wisconsin meeting Nebraska next week, what do you think their strategy will be for tomorrows game? With the weather for tomorrow's game expected to be much like todays Nebraska/Iowa game (maybe slightly warmer) with a 30% chance of rain, does Wisconsin rest their starters as much as possible by liberally substituting during the game or do they feel they need to go all out so they don't limp into the Big Ten Championship game with a 4-4 conference record?

As the breeze has already hinted at: Wisconsin has already punched their ticket to the BIG title game. Their game against Pedophile State matters only if "pride" is factored into the conference standings.

In other words Wisconsin could lose this game 782-0 and they'd still be headed to Indianapolis.

Edit: If I was Brett Bielma I'd rest all my #1's and let the #2's and lower play because win or lose the Badgers are still headed to the BIG title game.

As the breeze has already hinted at: Wisconsin has already punched their ticket to the BIG title game. Their game against Pedophile State matters only if "pride" is factored into the conference standings.

In other words Wisconsin could lose this game 782-0 and they'd still be headed to Indianapolis.

Your post is completely ridiculous. Its not those players fault for what happened there. Grow up.

Wisconsin is going to go in, focused to destroy PSU, with fashion, and prove to THEMSELVES that they deserve to go.

Your post is completely ridiculous. Its not those players fault for what happened there. Grow up.

I said nothing about the current players being "at fault." I said that it doesn't matter in the slightest what the outcome of tomorrow's Wisc-Ped St game is.

If you have a problem with my refering to Penn State as Ped St then that is exclusively YOUR problem.

I said nothing about the current players being "at fault." I said that it doesn't matter in the slightest what the outcome of tomorrow's Wisc-Ped St game is.

If you have a problem with my refering to Penn State as Ped St then that is exclusively YOUR problem.

I do have a problem with it. Its comments like that, that make our visitors leave and give us a bad name. That kind of stuff is not a joke. You obviously don't know the rules here, or care less to follow them.

How many chances will you get to have bad record and still win the whole B1G? If I were coaching Wiscy, I wouldn't even remember who I was playing (Penn who?), everything would be geared toward keeping guys healthy and showing NU a bunch of crazy stuff to prepare for.

So you wouldn't care about winning the game? You go in with no game plan, and not caring, your going to get blown out by Penn State, and be a laughing stock of the conference. They beat PSU, and come out strong, that will give them the momentum for us.

Wisconsin will probably do what they have been doing all year long, make big plays on Special Teams, and run that ball down the opponents throat. Get Ball that TD to own the his record, and focus on NU starting Sunday. There will be film to watch, but they have played us already. That gives them and us the advantage.

That is correct, I wouldn't care about winning a meaningless conference game. I'd take it if it fell in my lap of course.

100% of my game plan would be toward winning a meaningful conference championship.

If you're not playing to win a championship this year, next year, some other year, what the hell are you doing in athletics?

Actually, it isn't. We have repeatedly informed members that we will NOT tolerate this kind of behavior regarding Penn State. 'SkersRule's account has been banned.

• Fire 6

That is correct, I wouldn't care about winning a meaningless conference game. I'd take it if it fell in my lap of course.

100% of my game plan would be toward winning a meaningful conference championship.

If you're not playing to win a championship this year, next year, some other year, what the hell are you doing in athletics?

The only problem with that, is the fans that will be traveling to watch you play. You lose that game, you lose people's interest to go and watch the game in Indy. Not only that, you lose, even on purpose, how do you have momentum for that next game? Personally, a quality win over a good PSU team, it would give me that extra push to want to finish a strong. They win this game, lose CCG, they go to a better bowl game. They lose this game, then the CCG, welcome to the Toilet Bowl.

I understand the keeping your comments respectful part but does anyone else feel like penn st has gotten the sympathy card way too much this year?

Yeah it wasn't the players fault but they still represent the ugliest and dirtiest program / institution in the country. I never cared for penn st before but I will forever condemn a program that allowed those things to happen. Less than a year from the story and it's not even talked about by the media other than the mention of the "scandal" and how tough their scholly loss will be.

I'm sorry but that program aided and covered up unforgivable acts. I have a hard time respecting anyone associated with the program because it is PENN ST. I know that's a ME issue but the media has been kind to psu this season IMO.

I guarantee Wisconsin plays to win. Brett B. is not bright enought to think about resting starters. In fact, if theres any true advantage we have over them besides a passing game, its coaching. I know alot of you rip on Beck, but the Wisconsin offense is way way way more predictable and worse..... and BB's game management is awful. If Bielema was the Nebraska coach, his xmas tree would be on fire right now.

• Fire 1

Actually, it isn't. We have repeatedly informed members that we will NOT tolerate this kind of behavior regarding Penn State. 'SkersRule's account has been banned.

Thank you AR. He won't be missed.