Admit it ... you was mad!

The Snork

Well my temper got the better of me today. About the time Abdullah fumbled. Somehow I was stuck watching my 3 year old while my wife hit the black friday sales. Okay, so I knew the job was dangerous when I took it. Anyway we were playing Iowa ... WHAT COULD GO WRONG? SO i'm doing some flash cards with the kid to keep him entertained and the fumble happens. BAZZING! Cards go flying against the wall! I guess I throw things ... I alsmost threw a new hat out a 3 story window in 2010, luckily it hit the balcony railing.

"Do it again Daddy.!" "No, that was wrong, Daddy was just surprised. He thought he saw a spider ."

So around Halftime I get really hungry, its nearing noon on the west coast and I haven't eaten. I'd really like a turkey sandwich. But somewhere in my memory is a story about Kansas coach Pepper Rogers getting so PO'd at reporters after a game in Nebraska that he throws a sandwich at them. Legend has it for a few years sandwiches would be sent to the Kansas locker room by waggish Husker fans. That on my mind I realize that I and this team can't be trusted. So I starve until they hit the victory formation.

I had a feeling it would be a low scoring game. The early start time, the blistering cold weather on top of it being a road game were factored into my thinking. Iowa can be stingy at home, regardless of their record. Colorado was like that too sometimes whenever we went to Boulder.

Other than that, it was typical 1st half Nebraska. Rex Burkhead knocked the rust off in the 3rd and bailed us out in the 4th. Good ol' reliable Rex. ;) Loved seeing him out there again.

Yeah like I said somewhere else since the Boulder debacle in 2001 I think all of us have PTSD and expect another WTF loss when things start to go bad the day after THanksgiving. Although one silver lining to this roller coaster year is that I don't fraek out if we get down by 10, even 14 points, since we've become so good at coming back from behind in the 4th.

Yea i was a bit disappointed, but that wind was really nasty and i give Iowa props for trying to play that to their advantage, After Burkhead scored and i knew the Hawkeyes would have the wind at their back, i left to my grandmother's house to get some leftover turkey and yams, and a piece of pumpkin pie. After I was done, i got into the car and tuned it to 1110 AM to hear the game, Alonzo Whaley had just intercepted the ball, I knew the Huskers won at that point.

When I realized how windy it was, and how cold it was, I knew both teams would be one dimensional and would be much lower than my predicted score. I thought Iowa would pack 7 in the box and stop our run, and visa versa, but non of it really happened. Kind of glad, but man, first half, Weisman was gashing us pretty good. I think Rex decided to say he wanted to go in, and show him how its done... twice, carrying a full football team, plus some Huskers for 5 yards lol.

The thing I did not predict, was all the fumbles. Oh well, on to Wisconsin now, and get that 7th straight win!