So who really believed that we would go 6-0 after the OSU game?

Apathy

I had no belief at all. There was some hope for sure. Now I am more perplexed then ever ... are we heading in the right direction? Personally, I would feel more confident with a few deserved wins and obvious losses for defined reasons. As is ... I am left with a new brand of mistake ridden, undisciplined football that is masked by one to two quarters of good or great play that is enough to be 10-2 in a bad conference and it seems "acceptable". It is every half time and every week that we are told of all the mistakes and how correctable they are ... only to endure them for the first half of another game.

It is like a stock that is making it's numbers even though it isn't executing it's strategy. The board of diectors and investors are happy but the "bigger picture guy" knows their are problems on the horizon that threaten the long term goals.

Thus, "congrats" are in order and I want to sell the stock and take the profit.

Sure is weird to be a RED kool-aid drinker this whole time and now feel on a different page and we are 10-2.

After the 63-38 lose to Ohio State, Bo Pelini addressed the media that we needed to win out. In order to win out we needed to beat these 6 teams which were:

@ Northwestern

Michigan

@ Michigan State

Penn State

Minnesota

@ Iowa

I honestly didn't think we would win out because we failed to show up against UCLA allowing over 600+ total yards and then got blown out at tOSU a few weeks later. Nebraska had a tough 4 game stretch with NW, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State but to say we'll go 6-0 after the Ohio State game was nuts. I had us losing to NW, Michigan, and Michigan State and winning the last three games.

So now be honest how many of you actually thought we would've finished 6-0 after the Ohio State blow out?

Absolutely not, nor did I during almost every game in that 6-0 span.

I had no belief at all. There was some hope for sure. Now I am more perplexed then ever ... are we heading in the right direction? Personally, I would feel more confident with a few deserved wins and obvious losses for defined reasons. As is ... I am left with a new brand of mistake ridden, undisciplined football that is masked by one to two quarters of good or great play that is enough to be 10-2 in a bad conference and it seems "acceptable". It is every half time and every week that we are told of all the mistakes and how correctable they are ... only to endure them for the first half of another game.

It is like a stock that is making it's numbers even though it isn't executing it's strategy. The board of diectors and investors are happy but the "bigger picture guy" knows their are problems on the horizon that threaten the long term goals.

Thus, "congrats" are in order and I want to sell the stock and take the profit.

Sure is weird to be a RED kool-aid drinker this whole time and now feel on a different page and we are 10-2.

I still think the wins are deserved and disagree with your angle of thinking there. We won those games, came back in several of them, but I agree that the play on the field is perplexing at times. I will not agree that we don't deserve to be in the B1G championship game. We got there fair and square, we didn't back into the game by needing someone to lose. We won the Legends outright and deserve to be there. I really thought the game against Iowa was going to be a close one no matter how bad they are. They had nothing to lose and nothing to gain and we had everything to lose, that makes for a dangerous situation for any team. Not saying that you are saying we don't deserve to be there, but that's what I'm gathering from some of your posts.

I'm still not sure we did. I keep expecting to wake up.

It's taken a lot of gritty performances and a few heaping spoonfuls of luck, but this team far and away exceeded my expectations. At the Ohio State game I saw things I thought would taint Pelini's career (and might have anyway were it not for a fourth-quarter blitzkrieg against Northwestern). I'm happy to have way overstated the case after the OSU loss. We're in a much better situation program-wise than it seemed we were that night, or the previous season when blowout losses were trending.

This team hasn't earned the championship yet. They haven't earned the Miss America's Most Consistent Team title, either. What they have earned, and this is a big step over previous seasons, is a complete four quarter, sixty-minute chance to prove they can do it with every fan behind them. Nothing is over with this group until it's over. I'm not overly confident about our upcoming rematch. I think we've got an even chance to take care of business and that's it. Our defense had better get creative and (far) more importantly our offense had better take advantage of the best conditions they're going to see all season.

Regardless of what happens, though, five straight 9+ win seasons is in this day and age more than enough to punch your ticket to next season's circus. It's an achievement.