Penn State Players

lionsfan93

My question is...."how long will Obrien stick around"? He is already one of the two highy regarded NCAA coaches when it comes to the NFL openings that will happen. Heard him and Chip Kelly are the 2 most popular among the NFL talk. Will he jump back to the NFL, knowing how bad it will get very soon.

He seems like a great person, with great integrity. I respect everything that he has done with the situation and embraced the team and university, but if he is really looking after his own career, he may jump quickly.

This is something else I was going to bring, I think there is a very real chance that O'Brien wont be back next year between NFL jobs opening and a few other college football jobs. Again, a lot of what I am saying they talked about on the morning show on 1620 yesterday.

why does everyone assume o'brien is going to leave soon. he knew what he was getting into; that is why he had his contract stipulate a guaranteed extra year for every year of sanctions. i would guess he is there for the long haul.

also, why would an nfl team want chip kelley? he has amazing offenses until they play legitimate defenses. guess what, every defense in the nfl is legitimate. he will not be able to get the kind of offensive talent he needs and even if he could, he will not be able to get offensive players that have enough more speed than the defenses to implement his offenses. same reason no one has ever ran an option offense in the nfl and oregon has never produced a quality nfl qb.

I don't think poaching anyone's players is a good idea at all. As far as his interest in us, it depends on his goals. If James or Carter wish to play in the NFL, there is no better offense in college to play under than O'Brien's.

Yeah I don't feel like going out of our way to grab someone is very honorable. If they wish to come so be it.

NIce. Very nice. I agree 100%. Lane Kiffin anyone? Rumor is he was in State College trying to lure away Silas Redd before the NCAA had even arrived to deliver the sanctions. Haha. dirtbag.

And yet it didn't help them this season.

I don't think poaching anyone's players is a good idea at all. As far as his interest in us, it depends on his goals. If James or Carter wish to play in the NFL, there is no better offense in college to play under than O'Brien's.

Yeah I don't feel like going out of our way to grab someone is very honorable. If they wish to come so be it.

NIce. Very nice. I agree 100%. Lane Kiffin anyone? Rumor is he was in State College trying to lure away Silas Redd before the NCAA had even arrived to deliver the sanctions. Haha. dirtbag.

You forgot Justin Brown who is the leader of OUtlaw receiver. Typical, "Sooners" dictionary means land thieves.

http://www.urbandict...php?term=sooner

why does everyone assume o'brien is going to leave soon. he knew what he was getting into; that is why he had his contract stipulate a guaranteed extra year for every year of sanctions. i would guess he is there for the long haul.

also, why would an nfl team want chip kelley? he has amazing offenses until they play legitimate defenses. guess what, every defense in the nfl is legitimate. he will not be able to get the kind of offensive talent he needs and even if he could, he will not be able to get offensive players that have enough more speed than the defenses to implement his offenses. same reason no one has ever ran an option offense in the nfl and oregon has never produced a quality nfl qb.

Uh no....

After watching the Eagles play last night I can say their defense is far from "legitimate'........

I don't want Bo to fall under the same category of Lane Kiffen and Urban Meyer. Until McGloin went on his rant after our game against them I had a lot of respect for him and the rest of the players that stayed loyal to Penn State.

What's Kyler supposed to say? "Hey man, come play in this offense that barely utilizes me!"

As for this you could make this argument about almost everybody on the offense. Kyler had 21 catches this year and 2 touchdowns. Jamal Turner has 24 catches and 2 touchdowns. People are always complaining that we don't see more of Heard and Cross. We just have a lot of weapons and I think the offense utilizes all of them fairly well. But, screw it fire Tim Beck he doesn't know anything!!!!

I don't want Bo to fall under the same category of Lane Kiffen and Urban Meyer. Until McGloin went on his rant after our game against them I had a lot of respect for him and the rest of the players that stayed loyal to Penn State.

What's Kyler supposed to say? "Hey man, come play in this offense that barely utilizes me!"

As for this you could make this argument about almost everybody on the offense. Kyler had 21 catches this year and 2 touchdowns. Jamal Turner has 24 catches and 2 touchdowns. People are always complaining that we don't see more of Heard and Cross. We just have a lot of weapons and I think the offense utilizes all of them fairly well. But, screw it fire Tim Beck he doesn't know anything!!!!

Im with you on this. We run what, 80 plays per game offensively? I mean, what can you expect?

Im with you on this. We run what, 80 plays per game offensively? I mean, what can you expect?

We better just fire the entire coaching staff and start over obviously they have no clue what they are doing :sarcasm

Uh no....

After watching the Eagles play last night I can say their defense is far from "legitimate'........

uh, are you referring to the dream team?

i rest my case.

We better just fire the entire coaching staff and start over obviously they have no clue what they are doing :sarcasm

what kind of dipsh*t coaches do we have that recruit so poorly that we have to suffer through multiple weapons. Why cant we just have that one guy that has to get 60 touches a game for us to have a chance. Oh wait. we do. the center.