What's on your menu Saturday?

Flood

I have been in Florida since '99, so son't have easy access to that great beef. I know, I know, can always have some shipped in, and sometimes I do.

This time, though, I bought 3 coolers worth of BBQ from Fiorella's Jack Stack in KC. It should arrive on Thursday. So my menu is:

4 Racks of smoked baby-backs

2 pounds of Prime Rib

a 4 Pound smoked brisket

BBQ beans

And (I had forgotten) A couple pounds of burnt ends. Very tasty.

and whatever I decide to pick up locally, along with some extra bottles of sauce and seasoning from KC.

For drinks, I usually prefer Chardonnay. I'll probably pick up some limes and Corona as well. Nothing says Florida like Corona during the holidays.

What are your plans?

GBR!

• Fire 1

I had Arthur Bryant's a few times back in the mid to late 90's and it was also great. Probably my 2nd choice at the time. I found Gates, once an absolute legend, to be nowhere close to the best. As I said that was nearly 20 years ago, so things have probably changed a lot.

KC BBQ is my favorite, followed by Texas. I never could get into the vinegar based sauces that come from Memphis and other southern que. Probably because I grew up in Nebraska. I am sure folks from Memphis would stridently disagree!

LOL.

Anyone live in the Tampa area? Be happy to entertain, if so.

Love the BBQ from Omaha and KC, and have always made a point of ordering it in for big games.

My brother lives in Clearwater. Going down there in a few weeks, so make sure you do it again for the Rose Bowl.

In fact, I am already making plans, but they might change. My wife and I might be in the Bahamas for the Rose, on the island of Eleuthera.

If we are not, I would be honored to host you and your brother, if you're interested in having some KC BBQ and watching here. Decent TV, a 50 inch screen, I believe. And plenty of room to stretch out.

We're about 30-40 minutes north of Clearwater though, not sure how far you wanna drive.

Let me know, or I'll make a similar post as we get closer, assuming we win in Indy.

Best wishes,

Flood