What's on your menu Saturday?

Flood

you forgot the cheesy corn

how is their food shipped? any good? I think I take for granted working 2 blocks from the place...

They ship in styrofoam coolers packed with dry ice. I live about as far as you can get from KC, geographically, and still be in the lower 48. They do a great job, and I've never had anything arrive that wasn't either completely frozen or, at the least, ice cold to the touch, and perfect to finish thawing in the refrigerator. Not sure how high tech their operation is. For all I know, they just guess. But I imagine they work pretty hard to make sure everything is packed with enough dry ice to be perfect. That's my experience, and I'm thrilled to be able to get some Midwest favorites down here.

Lots of delicious answers.

One health-conscious and smart choice. I don't have the fortitude to be smart most of the time, so hats off to those who do.

Lots of chili. I had forgotten how often we had chili in Western Nebraska when it was cold.

Mom always made hers with homemade cinnamon rolls. Is that common throughout the area, or was that an "us" thing? Everyone I mention it to who are Florida natives look like they want to lock me up when I mention it. But the combination of flavors really WAS good. One of the few things I miss about blizzards. Well, and the time off. But we take time off for hurricanes here.

I'm from Western Nebraska as well. We do cinnamon rolls with chili also. So as I can't say it is common through out the area, you aren't the only ones :)

I'm from Western Nebraska as well. We do cinnamon rolls with chili also. So as I can't say it is common through out the area, you aren't the only ones :)

I grew up in Sidney, originally, and worked in broadcasting all across that area. Radio and TV. Scottsbluff, Laramie, Cheyenne, Denver, and finally Omaha for a decade before heading south. Tons of family and friends in the area. I miss the beef, much of the food also. Sometimes I call to give them a hard time, when it is blizzarding there, as I sit by the pool with a Corona and splash the water for them to hear.

Yes, I am evil.

Lots of delicious answers.

One health-conscious and smart choice. I don't have the fortitude to be smart most of the time, so hats off to those who do.

Lots of chili. I had forgotten how often we had chili in Western Nebraska when it was cold.

Mom always made hers with homemade cinnamon rolls. Is that common throughout the area, or was that an "us" thing? Everyone I mention it to who are Florida natives look like they want to lock me up when I mention it. But the combination of flavors really WAS good. One of the few things I miss about blizzards. Well, and the time off. But we take time off for hurricanes here.

Making chili as well, with a pile of cinimon rolls. Start the chili tomorrow and let it sit for a couple of days, always better after it cools and get reheated. Doing hot and mild as well.

The cinnamon roll thing is a Nebraska thing, I think. When we moved here, we had never heard of it, but my school served that, mom always did corn bread. I love the combo though....

I grew up in Sidney, originally, and worked in broadcasting all across that area. Radio and TV. Scottsbluff, Laramie, Cheyenne, Denver, and finally Omaha for a decade before heading south. Tons of family and friends in the area. I miss the beef, much of the food also. Sometimes I call to give them a hard time, when it is blizzarding there, as I sit by the pool with a Corona and splash the water for them to hear.

Yes, I am evil.

Very nice. My dad lives in Sidney now and I am in Scottsbluff. Grew up and graduated from Mitchell. :)

Yes, I am evil.

When I lived in the Caribbean I would do things like that as well. When Nebraska was in minus territory, I would call from the beach or sail boat... Good times..

Update on BBQ arrival, if anyone cares:

The box (38 lbs) arrived this afternoon. Inside the box was a pretty stout styro cooler and my Que.

Every item was an ice-cold block, as though I had just pulled it from the deep freeze. The only coolant in there was a bag of cryogenic dry ice that must have started out incredibly cold, since it was steaming, still, too cold to touch. Maybe they dip those in liquid nitrogen before shipping, not sure. But there was literally no chance anything might have thawed. It felt like they could have delivered it Monday and it still would have been fine.

Anyway, the Que is here. I am set for Saturday, and hope we win big.

GBR!