After 2 years, which team/fanbase do you dislike most in the Big Ten

Question is straightforward. I'll start with mine: Michigan

I despise everything about Michigan except for Denard Robinson (hard to root against him, he's humble with a million dollar smile). Perhaps it's the saying "We dislike most those who remind us of ourselves". And as much as I hate to say it, Michigan is a mirror image of us. College football blue-blood, top 5 overall in victories, heismans and NC's etc., the Rich Rodriguez and Bill Callahan situations are eerily similar (offensive wizards who were brought down by subpar Defenses), similar block M to our Block N logo (just a blue version) to name a few.

But it goes deeper than that (1997 comes to mind). Their fans are arrogant. In my interactions with Michigan fans online and in-person I get the sense that they thumb their nose at our tradition and contributions to college football. It seems like every Michigan fan I spoke to in 2010 had no real excitement or concern about us joining in the big ten, basically revealing their thoughts that we would be a push-over in conference play. Virtually every Michigan fan thinks that they would (not could) have beat us in 2012 if Robinson/Gardner played qb against us, and that they would have scored a touchdown on that drive that Robinson got hurt.

I really thought that OSU and Michigan would be Texas and OU respectively before we joined. However, I find it is the complete opposite. Every single OSU fan I talked to in 2010 was genuinely excited to have us in the conference, acknowledging room for multiple powerhouse programs. One of my buddies, who is a Michigan fan, after the Michigan 2011 game (after which they truly felt they were 'back') posted a facebook status: "I remember when a man named Bo Pelini said he had no interest in the Michigan job. No one in Michigan wanted you anyways and today we showed you why" and it really set me off.

I feel like we will meet OSU in the CCG on a semi-consistent basis for years to come and that those games will be hard fought to contribute to a respectful rivalry a la OU towards the end (I realize NU and OU hated each others guts in the 60s-90s). But I think the right to represent the legends in the CCG will almost always be decided by NU and Michigan, and consistently having these stakes for our games will make our feelings towards the Maize and Blue get downright nasty like Texas.

Refute some of my points if you feel differently

Penn State hands down.....

Ever since I've lived in Pennsylvania, I've heard & read the arrogance of this supposed college football power. Never minding the instances where PSUcks and Nebraska have crossed paths, {Like the '81 robbery & the debate in '94 & the mistreatment of fans in '03} PSUcks fans have a persecution complex, any play that goes against them {Like the "fumble" in the end zone} is a crime to humanity on par with the holocaust. Though bring up the time Paterno had a players relative officiating a game while he was playing in it has a conflict of interest and you'd get a look from them like "How dare you disrespect our god"!

Which brings me to another point; PSUcks fans {and the national media for that matter} worship of Paterno. Coach Paterno built his legacy on the Temples, Cincinnatis, Marylands and MAC conference teams. His record against top 25 teams is mediocre & his record against top ten teams is atrocious. But Paterno did it the right way, never a sniff wrong doing from the NCAA, well now we know better.

I've talked to a lot of other Big Ten fans, of course OSU fans are gonna say the hate Michigan the most, who do they hate a close second? You guessed it, Penn State. Other schools fans rate PSUcks in their top two or three in disgust, for good reason.

I hope we win Saturday for several reasons...

1. The obvious. A conference championchip and a BCS game.

2. For the impact that it will have on recruiting on a national level

3. Being the Big 10 Champs and a trip to Pasadena on Jan 1 provides this football team the luxury of practicing another 4-5 weeks longer as a team. It will make the underclassmen that much more prepared and hungry heading to the off-season! Not to mention why we are practing OhioSt cant! I think this is a big deal if you look at the schedules heading into next year! BEAT WISCONSIN! GBR!

OSU, definitely. Fans are the worst, and too much success.....really tired of them. For everyone who states they got treated poorly in Madison (by the way, I had a great time in Madison and saw none of that)....give them time. The fan base is ok, although for a night game the students are rowdy and drunk, and it was a really big deal to beat Nebraska. Most of the people I know here in Wisconsin have a lot of respect for the Nebraska program.

I don't see how Wisconsin can't respect NU--they basically are a carbon copy of the Huskers of the 80s, led by a Husker alum, wearing Husker colors

Been telling folks that here ever since Barry turned it around. Once they get a bit educated, they reluctantly agree. Funny....all the people that thought the Huskers were a boring team way back when were pretty ecstatic when the Badgers started winning with that formula in the 90's.

I was staying in Appleton WI one night and went to a sports bar to watch Monday Night Football while eating supper. I sat at the bar and of course, everyone there was from Wisconsin and badger fans. They found out I was from Nebraska and they started ribbing me pretty good. As the game went on and the beer started flowing the ribbing got more and more severe. Finally, I spoke up and said:

Me: I bet you don't tell your coach that.

Them: What coach.

Me: Alvarez....he played there.

Them: Oh..that's right.

Me: He even started his coaching career at a highschool 14 miles away from where I grew up at our biggest rival.

Them: Oh.....

Me: Haven't you ever noticed how much Wisconsin started looking like Nebraska after he got here?

Them: Quiet and watched the game.

It was priceless.

Can I say I hate Nebraska fans the most?

Nothing is worse than having your own kin bag on your team, players and coaches when we stumble.

Other fans can say whatever -- I really don't much care if they're arrogant or stupid.

But when "Husker Fans" start tearing down our own players...that's what I really hate.

• Fire 6

cant we all just get along

In a sports context, i don't think it's uncouth to bash other teams' fans. Strictly framing it through a sports lens. When the team colors come off, I, as I'm sure many sker fans, would sit down and have a beer with a fan of just about any team, as we're all regular folks in the same country. But when those people coalesce to form entities such as "Michigan Football" or "Wisconsin Football" all bets are off and I refuse to think highly of them