After 2 years, which team/fanbase do you dislike most in the Big Ten

Why no hate for Michigan State? Year after year they produce the dirtiest team in the B1G. If I had to rank the B1G teams I hate the most it would go like this...

1. Iowa (But they don't really count.)

2. Michigan State

3. Michigan

4. Northwestern

5. Wisconsin

6. Ohio State

7. Penn State

8. Illinois

9. Minnesota

10. Indiana

11. Purdue

Can I say I hate Nebraska fans the most?

Nothing is worse than having your own kin bag on your team, players and coaches when we stumble.

Other fans can say whatever -- I really don't much care if they're arrogant or stupid.

But when "Husker Fans" start tearing down our own players...that's what I really hate.

I liked this post, except for sounding like you are putting all Husker fans in one category. I would say that there are Husker fans and then there are Husker "Fair Weather Fans". "True" Husker fans support the team through anything. "Fair Weather Fans" are the first ones to criticize the team but are then the first ones jumping up and down and screaming "WE WON" when we win a big game. +1 for you on the post as a whole though!

I liked this post, except for sounding like you are putting all Husker fans in one category. I would say that there are Husker fans and then there are Husker "Fair Weather Fans". "True" Husker fans support the team through anything. "Fair Weather Fans" are the first ones to criticize the team but are then the first ones jumping up and down and screaming "WE WON" when we win a big game. +1 for you on the post as a whole though!

I think it depends on the nature of the criticism. I don't think there are but maybe a handful of "fairweather" fans ion this board. Sure there are some negative Nellies but I feel most all really want to see the team succeed and nobody likes losing. That's not fairweather, that is passionate.

OSU, definitely. Fans are the worst, and too much success.....really tired of them. For everyone who states they got treated poorly in Madison (by the way, I had a great time in Madison and saw none of that)....give them time. The fan base is ok, although for a night game the students are rowdy and drunk, and it was a really big deal to beat Nebraska. Most of the people I know here in Wisconsin have a lot of respect for the Nebraska program.

I don't see how Wisconsin can't respect NU--they basically are a carbon copy of the Huskers of the 80s, led by a Husker alum, wearing Husker colors

In my experience Badger fans totally respect Nebraska. First of all, the architecht of our program, Barry Alvarez learned everything he knows under Bob Devaney and has successfully implemented the same model at Wisconsin.

Second, as you point out, you guys are all about hard-nosed football. Run the ball, play good defense, focus on the fundamentals, and it's about winning: not style points.

But there are dumbasses in every fan-base, and Wisconsin has their fair share.

For me it's Michigan. I absolutely hated how cocky their team was last year. Then probably Ohio State. Urban Meyer is a despicable person. My friend heard when he was at Florida Percy Harvin got caught with possession of drugs so he'd go to practice in a boot so Meyer could keep what was really happening down low. Apparently he had favorites and they would routinely sit out of practice. What a joke of a coach. Also, I was at the Wisconsin game last year in the student section. The whole student section chanted 'a-hole' when you sat down. I thought it was funny. Some people around us were annoying but one guy offered me nachos like 10 times so after saying no thank you over and over I took some. They weren't poisoned. Some girls next to us even invited us to a party. I really enjoyed UW. Have a friend that goes there and his roommate was a bartender and made us drinks. I thought it was a great experience for an away game.

hated by most, respected by all

?

I think he is talking about AIDS. You see almost everybody hates it but they still respect it because its been impossible to cure to this point.

Michigan = AIDS.

I immediately thought AIDS myself.

I concur with those who dislike Iowa.

I DO respect them as a program, and they have had a good decade. But their best decade only equals our worst decade in 50 years, and you would think, listening or reading, that they matched Tom's 90's success. Really, all they did was match Callahan's tenure and Bo's early years.

They are building a rivalry that seems too close to Colorado in the early 90's and I hope it does not end up being so nasty.

Aside from them, I don't really have a disliked fan base. And even Iowa, for me, is taken with a grain of salt. There is a lot of "little brother" in the fans. For years, as we won MNC's, they kept saying, "Well, you're lucky you don't play Iowa, or the Big Ten. We would tear you apart." Then we had a 2 game series and won both. Then we joined the B1G and won both.

Not sure if they still have excuses or are more grounded.

Nebraska is not quite yet back to that elite status, that airy mountain top, but we are closer than Iowa was, even in their heyday.

I think that bugs the hell out of some of them.

Not all. Most are decent and respectful and could easily be Nebraskans. I hate seeing some of the vitriol, on both sides, over something as simple as which side of the river we live on.

Best wishes,

Flood

OSU, definitely. Fans are the worst, and too much success.....really tired of them. For everyone who states they got treated poorly in Madison (by the way, I had a great time in Madison and saw none of that)....give them time. The fan base is ok, although for a night game the students are rowdy and drunk, and it was a really big deal to beat Nebraska. Most of the people I know here in Wisconsin have a lot of respect for the Nebraska program.

I don't see how Wisconsin can't respect NU--they basically are a carbon copy of the Huskers of the 80s, led by a Husker alum, wearing Husker colors

In my experience Badger fans totally respect Nebraska. First of all, the architecht of our program, Barry Alvarez learned everything he knows under Bob Devaney and has successfully implemented the same model at Wisconsin.

Second, as you point out, you guys are all about hard-nosed football. Run the ball, play good defense, focus on the fundamentals, and it's about winning: not style points.

But there are dumbasses in every fan-base, and Wisconsin has their fair share.

The way I look at it is that Wisconsin fans behave how Nebraska fans would be if Devaney followed Osborne instead of the other way around.