After 2 years, which team/fanbase do you dislike most in the Big Ten

Penn State, no question. Living out here in PA, these central-PA cult fans STILL think Paterno is innocent and a god-like figure. "everyones out to get us" mentality is sickening. They blame the media for the downfall of JoePa's persona, not his inability to act. They whine about the NCAA, the media, the Bigten, officiating...want to leave B10

I know that not all PSu fans are this hidebound, but a sizable crowd does exist, and is the vocal group.

Further, the WE ARE ... and now 'we STILL are' is annoying.

arrogant, reckless fan base always looking for something to riot over

Exhibit 1

OSU has the most annoying fanbase I have ever seen. And all fans on bleachereport.

I agree with the midget in row 2...

I hate the douchebaggery that just seems to emanate from "the Ohio State" asshats...

That was my stereotype of them, but I have yet to encounter a d-bag OSU fan, though I'm not saying they don't exist. Michigan takes the cake in the field of douchebaggery, followed closely by Rex Ryan and Bret Bielema.

I have stumbled across more, than I care to recall...

Penn State, no question. Living out here in PA, these central-PA cult fans STILL think Paterno is innocent and a god-like figure. "everyones out to get us" mentality is sickening. They blame the media for the downfall of JoePa's persona, not his inability to act. They whine about the NCAA, the media, the Bigten, officiating...want to leave B10

I know that not all PSu fans are this hidebound, but a sizable crowd does exist, and is the vocal group.

Exhibit 1

That video is insane. Cannot imagine anything like that ever happening in Nebraska state lines. I almost do not feel sorry for PSU anymore after that.

cant we all just get along

lol, no kidding. I've been to away games at Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio St., and Northwestern, as well as tailgated with fans from basically every Big Ten school that has come to Lincoln over the last couple years and I've never had a problem with any of them. People are complaining that Michigan and Ohio St. fans are too arrogant? Well others say the same thing about Husker fans all the time.

Question is straightforward. I'll start with mine: Michigan

I despise everything about Michigan except for Denard Robinson (hard to root against him, he's humble with a million dollar smile). Perhaps it's the saying "We dislike most those who remind us of ourselves". And as much as I hate to say it, Michigan is a mirror image of us. College football blue-blood, top 5 overall in victories, heismans and NC's etc., the Rich Rodriguez and Bill Callahan situations are eerily similar (offensive wizards who were brought down by subpar Defenses), similar block M to our Block N logo (just a blue version) to name a few.

But it goes deeper than that (1997 comes to mind). Their fans are arrogant. In my interactions with Michigan fans online and in-person I get the sense that they thumb their nose at our tradition and contributions to college football. It seems like every Michigan fan I spoke to in 2010 had no real excitement or concern about us joining in the big ten, basically revealing their thoughts that we would be a push-over in conference play. Virtually every Michigan fan thinks that they would (not could) have beat us in 2012 if Robinson/Gardner played qb against us, and that they would have scored a touchdown on that drive that Robinson got hurt.

I really thought that OSU and Michigan would be Texas and OU respectively before we joined. However, I find it is the complete opposite. Every single OSU fan I talked to in 2010 was genuinely excited to have us in the conference, acknowledging room for multiple powerhouse programs. One of my buddies, who is a Michigan fan, after the Michigan 2011 game (after which they truly felt they were 'back') posted a facebook status: "I remember when a man named Bo Pelini said he had no interest in the Michigan job. No one in Michigan wanted you anyways and today we showed you why" and it really set me off.

I feel like we will meet OSU in the CCG on a semi-consistent basis for years to come and that those games will be hard fought to contribute to a respectful rivalry a la OU towards the end (I realize NU and OU hated each others guts in the 60s-90s). But I think the right to represent the legends in the CCG will almost always be decided by NU and Michigan, and consistently having these stakes for our games will make our feelings towards the Maize and Blue get downright nasty like Texas.

Refute some of my points if you feel differently

erm - Michigan has national championships? (besides the half of one they didn't deserve?) i did not know this.

Iowa - because f#*k iowa

Odd answer for me, potentially.

The team I dislike the most, unequivocally, is Ohio State. I was thrilled when they beat Miami for the NC years back, (although everyone knows Miami ate a bad call that left the door open for the Buckeyes.) Since then, I've been ardently anti-OSU. I hate, hate, HATE that team. Conversely: I really like the fans of the program I've come into contact with. They're knowledgeable, approachable, reasonable, and almost noticeably devoid of arrogance. This isn't a massive sample size I'm culling my opinion from, but I actually randomly was in Cleveland last weekend and met a bunch of OSU fans there, too. I made damn sure to wave the NU flag in OSU country, and I was approached by a good handful of Buckeye fans. All of them are unapologetic about OSU, meaning, they know they're good and they aren't afraid to acknowledge that. But it isn't boastful so much as predicated on hard fact and stats and referencing specific games. I'd honestly love to see Urban Meyer get exposed as the self-adulating douchebag he is, and I root against them every single time they play, but their fans are quality people from my interactions with them. Really, some of the best people to talk CFB with, at least in my experience.

Iowa fans are a bitter, unlikeable lot. I wish them lots of kidney stones and promiscuous daughters. Unlike the majority of OSU loyalists I've come across, many of their fans are delusional and are seemingly incapable of cordial discourse.

Penn State gets a strong nod, too. I'm sick of the makeshift memorial being placed where Paterno's statue was removed. Evidence strongly shows that a pedophile was enabled. It's not Penn State's fault as a community or university. There are bad people everywhere. But the whole, "the world is out to get us" thing is woefully misguided. Really, there was a guy "out to get, meaning, out to abuse children" and someone you all respected apparently did shockingly little to make sure the accusations were investigated to the fullest extent. That's reprehensible beyond description. Defiantly wear your Paterno shirts all you want., but just know that all you're doing is making the scar on your university a little darker for a little longer. Again: Penn State is not synonymous with that horrific crime. A small circle of people are responsible for what happened. You should despise them, not defend them. That baffles me.

I'd suggest rallying behind what O'Brien and your boys did this year. They deseve your support, which they do receive. But the guy some (many?) of you still revere? He turned his head, folded his hands, and averted his gaze while the sexual abuse of children occurred. We love football as much if not more than anyone here in Nebraska. I'd honestly bet enough money that would hurt if I lost it that if the situation were reversed, Husker fans would universally denounce someone who didn't do all they could stop a monster that was hunting in our own backyard.

I like Michigan. Bizarre. I always have. (Because I see a fair amount of similarities between us, and I know without a shadow of a doubt that '97 belongs to us, which is supported by the fact that we got the real trophy, and they got...like, a gift certificate to Denny's or something. Plus the love of Lee Barfknecht, which is like having the undying admiration of the Jonas Brothers or something equally flaccid.) And to clarify, it's a passive form of "like." I don't celebrate their wins or bemoan their losses by any means, especially now that we directly compete with them for the division. In fact, now I root against them, because a loss for them is a win for NU. And time may change my opinion. Mich fans seem to be unanimously reviled in B1G country. Maybe there is a good reason.

Iowa fan's attitude is systemic of unrelenting disappointment. You end up ridiculing or raging against that which you covet yet keeps eluding you. Ridicule is healthier, and endless rage is unsustainable anyway.

"Five National Champs, har!" -Any Iowa Message Board Ever When NU Fans are Referenced.

Hawkeye fans are relegated to making fun of us for something they'd have killed for. If Iowa could change time and take our years from the 70s to now they would without blinking, but they can't. So they have nothing left but making disparaging comments about...our accomplishments. That's kinda depressing.

The anti Black Friday thing is laughable, too. That has to be more about ending a long time tradition for us than about a benefit for them...right? Or do they really not want the heightened exposure of playing on a day featuring few other games, when most people have work off? Don't they want Iowa Hawkeye football in the spotlight? They'll argue the latter...that they want the extra day and the lack of a full week is a detriment. Maybe what they truly want is camouflage. In the form of Mich-OSU, perhaps.

Their side supplied the acrimony coming in to our annual game. Nebraska fans haven't thought much about Iowa over the last century or so. It's just the truth. I see the push to move the game to the anonymity that Saturday will offer as basically an admission that this so called rivalry is going to be pretty one sided.

I agree, i work in State College and they are messed up. I hate the stupid "chants" on everything they do. "over rated" "eff Nebraska" and so on. I hear about the 94 season weekly. Though most of the prick fans are from the Philly area.

Exhibit 1