A new Political party

All kind of reaction by repubs and others as to the direction the Repub party should go after the latest election. We have many who say, the conservative message was not pushed properly, or it was pushed but did not have a friendly face. Others say Romney was too moderate, or Romney went too far right, Established repubs controlled the choice of the candidate, tea party ruined it, social conservatives motivated many to vote - social conservatives scared people to vote repub. We've all hear the noice.

So that brings me to this topic, is a new party needed to balance out / challenge the dems? 3 Options (you may have more to add):

1. Should and Can the republican party reform itself so that it can win the presidential election. If so, what should it look like

2. Should a new party be created as the Republican party fades away

3. Should former repubs/independants flock to the Constitution or Libertirian Party

All kind of reaction by repubs and others as to the direction the Repub party should go after the latest election. We have many who say, the conservative message was not pushed properly, or it was pushed but did not have a friendly face. Others say Romney was too moderate, or Romney went too far right, Established repubs controlled the choice of the candidate, tea party ruined it, social conservatives motivated many to vote - social conservatives scared people to vote repub. We've all hear the noice.

So that brings me to this topic, is a new party needed to balance out / challenge the dems? 3 Options (you may have more to add):

1. Should and Can the republican party reform itself so that it can win the presidential election. If so, what should it look like

3. Should former repubs/independants flock to the Constitution or Libertirian Party

I think if Mitt weren't full of sh#t, the Republicans would have ran away with the election.

Next time, Republicans, nominate a candidate who is worth two sh#ts.

• Fire 1

I think if Mitt weren't full of sh#t, the Republicans would have ran away with the election.

It's not just the candidate . . . it's the unpopularity of their ideas. The candidate is easy to change . . . the philosophy isn't.

What would you change? Can the party change or do we need a new party?

So what would the candidate look like that is worth two sh#ts?

What would you change? Can the party change or do we need a new party?

What do you mean by "what would you change?" Are you asking what changes I think that the GOP needs to make to win elections?

If so:

1. Abandon (or revise) the culture wars. The tide is shifting and the GOP is on the losing side.

2. Embrace immigration reform. The demographics look increasingly gloomy without this change.

3. Reform the primaries or at least figure out a way to filter out the Tea Party crazies.

That'd make for a good start. It might take another losing presidential election in 2016 before we see any significant changes.

Embrace conservative values without being scary/threatening/demeaning/flip flopping/cold hearted/crazy/radical/condescending.

It isn't conservative values that is wrong. It is the people and ideas that are coming from those values. It is how the ideas and values are being presented and discussed from that side of the argument that turns people off.

As for another party. I'm all in if one can be put together that can present a conservative front while being reasonable, caring and inclusive.

The Republicans think they can win with nothing more than angry white men. Everyone else is just crazy if they don't agree with angry white men. That doesn't work. I'm an angry white man and I don't even want to be a part of it.

Embrace conservative values without being scary/threatening/demeaning/flip flopping/cold hearted/crazy/radical/condescending.

It isn't conservative values that is wrong. It is the people and ideas that are coming from those values. It is how the ideas and values are being presented and discussed from that side of the argument that turns people off.

What specific proposals would you make? How would you present "no abortions ever" or "legitimate rape" or "deport all illegals" in a way that doesn't turn away women or Latinos?

Quite frankly, many of the things trumpeted by the GOP can't just be hidden under a fresh coat of paint.

What specific proposals would you make? How would you present "no abortions ever" or "legitimate rape" or "deport all illegals" in a way that doesn't turn away women or Latinos?

Quite frankly, many of the things trumpeted by the GOP can't just be hidden under a fresh coat of paint.

Those aren't conservative values. Those are Republicans being idiots.

I can only speak for myself and how I view things because all of this is from a personal point of view no matter who is talking.

But, since you brought up abortion:

I personally believe that abortion is one of the most disgusting things our modern society does. It is taken times 1,000,000,000 when you talk about late term abortions. So, my view on the subject is that I dream of a day when there are no abortions. Now, that doesn't mean banning all abortions right now and no woman will ever have another abortion starting tomorrow. That won't work. Even if the government would ban all abortions tomorrow, that won't stop abortions. That just means they go underground and babies are still being killed. I know that even if I wanted to, I can't stop abortions by women who want to have them. So, (Republicans) stop with the act that you can.

So, conservatives need to change the conversation. Let's eliminate the NEED for abortions and through that, change people's attitudes towards...."All you want to do is control women's bodies" ( for which is farthest from the truth but the libs have done a fantastic job of framing the argument around that). I have absolutely no desire to control anyone's bodies. I simply want them to stop killing babies. (and yes, there is a huge difference)

How is that done? Eliminate them thinking they NEED to kill babies.

Conservatives need to stop feeding into the idiotic talking points from the other side. The base idea of eliminating abortions is a good thing. Putting it out there in a way that makes it easy for the other side to frame it in a threatening way is just plain stupid.

• Fire 1

I can only speak for myself and how I view things because all of this is from a personal point of view no matter who is talking.

But, since you brought up abortion:

I personally believe that abortion is one of the most disgusting things our modern society does. It is taken times 1,000,000,000 when you talk about late term abortions. So, my view on the subject is that I dream of a day when there are no abortions. Now, that doesn't mean banning all abortions right now and no woman will ever have another abortion starting tomorrow. That won't work. Even if the government would ban all abortions tomorrow, that won't stop abortions. That just means they go underground and babies are still being killed. I know that even if I wanted to, I can't stop abortions by women who want to have them. So, (Republicans) stop with the act that you can.

So, conservatives need to change the conversation. Let's eliminate the NEED for abortions and through that, change people's attitudes towards...."All you want to do is control women's bodies" ( for which is farthest from the truth but the libs have done a fantastic job of framing the argument around that). I have absolutely no desire to control anyone's bodies. I simply want them to stop killing babies. (and yes, there is a huge difference)

How is that done? Eliminate them thinking they NEED to kill babies.

Conservatives need to stop feeding into the idiotic talking points from the other side. The base idea of eliminating abortions is a good thing. Putting it out there in a way that makes it easy for the other side to frame it in a threatening way is just plain stupid.

This is a good example of my expectation that the GOP will keep banging their head against the same wall.

They seem to think, "It's not the GOP ideas that are wrong . . . it's the perception of those ideas that is wrong." If this is the reaction of the decision makers in the GOP they will probably be spending some time in the wilderness. It's Unskewed Polls all over again. The echo chamber lives on.