Ridiculousness

This thread could be about everything that went wrong during the game. We gave up 70 points, we allowed 500+ rushing yards, we lost to a team that is 7-5, and we lost to them by 39 points. We turned the ball over 3 times, all by Taylor.

But it's not. I refuse to let something as trivial as a football game upset me anymore than it did tonight.

At halftime, Nebraska trailing 42-10, I went into my room, and sh*t started flying, my wallet (busted my credit card in my wallet), my shoes, just about anything I could get my hand on. But then I came to a realization. This game, that's all that it is, a game. I refuse to let something as unimportant as the result of a football game bother me as much as it did during the first half of the game. I've got tests to study for, social connections to make, graduate schools to start applying for, research to do, all of which is entirely more important than what happens for 60 minutes on a football field.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm as 'true' a fan as anybody in Husker nation (save huskeraddict). I am just as disappointed as everybody else, and I really thought tonight was the night we step back onto the national stage. Unfortunately, something else was in the cards. We got outplayed by an unranked Wisconsin team who really had nothing to lose. All congratulations go to them, they truly stepped up tonight. They came at us and hit us right in the mouth and we shied away. Best of luck to the Badgers in the Rose Bowl, should be an interesting matchup against the Cardinal.

But to read some of the posts by our fellow fans irritates me. You all have things that are way more important than Husker football: your jobs, your family, your friends, your pets. This jumping off the deep end after EVERY loss is ridiculous. Reflect. Relax. Move on.

As for the team, I feel bad for them, especially the senior class. I wanted nothing more than for them to go out onto that field at Lucas Oil Stadium and be able to douse Bo at the end of the game because we had won the Big Ten. We all did, but somehow that is being overlooked by the "Bo sucks" or "Bo needs to go" mindset. Speaking of Bo, don't you think that he wanted to be doused in the Gatorade bath? Don't you think he slaved over game film for longer than any of us slave over what we need to accomplish so that he can help deliver what his players (especially his senior class), in his mind, deserved? So for you to sit down at your computer, not having had to prepare like Bo did, not having to build connections and relationships with his players like Bo did, and not having to deal with games like this like Bo does, and nonchalantly crucify this team and this coach is absolutely absurd.

I'm not going to dissect what went wrong tonight, because it was mostly everything. We played a bad game, and shockingly, those games happen.

Nobody wanted to win more tonight than the coaches and the players. Keep that in mind.

Good things come to those who wait. Keep that in mind when you impatiently ask for the firing of one of the very few coaches in the HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL to win 9 games in each of his first 5 seasons.

And overall, keep in mind that this is just a game, a source of entertainment. Nothing that should be used to define who you are.

The sun will come out tomorrow.

• Fire 5

Because you are a brony I still love you, but quit trying to steal my "positive, more to life than football" thread idea! :(

Aww man, brony, I'm sorry. I didn't see your thread. You're like Daniel Tosh and Tosh.0 and I'm whoever that guy is and Ridiculousness (hence the title) ;) Plus, more sunshine always helps, especially with this damn fog.

I agree that there is much more to life than Nebraska football. However, what makes Nebraska football special is that it's more than just a game to the fans. Obvioulsy, we've sold out every game since November 1962. The moment that we start writing off blowout losses where we give up copious amounts of record yardage with such a laissez faire attitude is the moment I will be even more concerned about the state of the program.

• Fire 6

is it ridiculous or ridiculousness?

You know what's ridiculousness? Getting blown out over and over again by mediocre teams. That's what's ridiculous

It's ridiculous.

Guys, I was just as pissed off as you all were/are (apparently)

But at least acknowledge the fact that the coaches and players aren't robots out there, nobody is taking this loss harder than them. Imagine how you feel, then multiply that by 10 or 50 or 100 and that's what the team is feeling. Don't you think they wanted to win this one for us? Then when they don't for us to turn on them is complete bullsh#t.

Maudfather, when this program comes to the point where the fans only support the coaches and the players after wins, but not losses, that is when I will start to worry.

I believe my Calculus test on Friday and my engineering portfolio that's due this week is way more important. There's no reason to be happy about tonight but I agree don't act like it ruined your life. There's still a lot to proud of and I'm proud of this team for what they did accomplish. We as fans need to support this team right now.

I believe my Calculus test on Friday and my engineering portfolio that's due this week is way more important. There's no reason to be happy about tonight but I agree don't act like it ruined your life. There's still a lot to proud of and I'm proud of this team for what they did accomplish. We as fans need to support this team right now.

Exactly. 10 wins. TEN wins. That's impressive no matter what way you approach it. Not many teams can make that claim.