Huskerboard Definitions

How does everyone here define success, support of the coaches and the players, and quality of the program overall?

There's a lot of difference in opinions here it seems so I want to know what you all think.

Being able to be apart of Conference Championships, and being in the National Title contention every few years. Regardless of the loss, we have been in three CCG in the last four years. We just need to win one, which I believe we will next year.

The fact that Bo has run a completely clean program with the only sanctions coming from players receiving optional class books. The fact that he's doing great with graduating players is also a plus.

The team/program just needs to clean up these types of games. Make sure there's no blowouts. But I'm fine with competing for conference championships every year (and we have in every year since Pelini's been here). As long as we're hitting 8 or 9 wins every year, no matter how they come.

The wins and losses are important.... but....

I care just as much about things like pride, effort, discipline. 10 wins is all well and good, but I'm sick of the self-destruction, sick of the meltdowns, sick of wilting on the game's biggest stages. If Nebraska plays to the best of its ability, and it loses, then so be it. I'm not convinced Nebraska played to the best of our ability at any point this season, except for maybe one game against a ridiculously overmatched Idaho State.

I don't characterize success when I see 12 games of inconsistent scattershot self-destructive schizophrenic football unlike any I've ever seen before. Pulling out some exciting wins against Northwestern once in awhile is nice, but I think it is reasonable to aim higher once in awhile.

I define success, on the field, the way Tom used to:

Win or loss, it simply does NOT matter, if the team played its best game, lived up to its potential.

If we lose, after giving our all, and playing well, it just means the better team won.

And deserved to.

That IS the point of the Husker prayer, right?

Tonight we did not play well, or even close to potential, and we deserved to lose.

By "we", I mean the team. Please no one jump on me for not playing a down or dropping a pass.