Nebraska Bowl game attendance

Foppa

I thought the PAC-12 conference championship game was bad with attendence, but how many of you are going to book tix for wherever Nebraska goes to?

It'd be nice if they got a good following, but after this night...I'm not so sure anyone really cares.

A close-fought loss is relevant. A team that gives up and stops caring...well...probably isn't going to get their fanbase caring a whole lot either.

Nebraska usually gets a lot of interest from bowl officials due to traveling fans. Not so sure now.

You can call me a hater. That's fine. But all you have to do is take one look at Huskerboard tonight and know that most consider this season over. Will we all watch the bowl game? Of course. But expectations are completely out the window. Hell, maybe that's the one thing that inspires this team. Maybe they'll actually compete. Maybe coaches will actually coach. We'll see. Just wondering about who wants to attend the bowl game.

I can only speak for myself, but it's certainly killed any and all interest I had in shipping off to a bowl game.

Call me a fairweather if you like, but a bowl game is a big expensive trip, not only tickets/hotel/airfare/etc but also missed days of work and the like, so it has to absolutely be a worthwhile investment, and I'm not convinced it will be.

The biggest concern I have is that a lot of players feel the same sense of disappointment and embarrassment that all of us fans do, and I'm not sure if there's even a way, regardless of time, to really get everyone motivated to go out and REALLY show up for a game (See our rematch vs. Washington) and quite frankly, it's not worth it to take off and watch a lack-luster performance, I'd rather be disappointed at home and keep my money.

Flame away, it's how I feel right now.

Hard to get excited and want to shell out the cash for a team that got obliterated by a 7-5 team and now face an SEC powerhouse. Why pay for embarrassment? Just saying. On one hand I hope we get a huge following to support the team. On the other I can see why a very big majority of fans won't bother.

It will be like 2010. Unfortunately the play on the field will be too. Only to a much better opponent than Washington was. This team put everything on a Big10 championship, just like in 2010. They didnt get it. The bags are packed. It's over.

Then again who knows with this group. Everytime I've written this team off throughout the season, they come back and make me say "go to hell you sonsuvbitches". Of course last night was the first that that didnt happen. I guess the charms are all used up.

Look, there were some things addressed in the last offseason in some areas that allowed this team to overperform a bit this year. I predicted 10 wins, but the consensus was in the 7-9 win range, mostly 7 or 8 and no trip to the title game. I know there were beatdowns and embarrasing performances but this team did overperform their expectations and showed a lot guts that we didnt think they had.

Hopefully Bo can make a few more adjustments and that a loss like doesnt capsize the ship. I'll tell you one thing we've learned in 5 years is that Bo doesnt shy away from the challenge of getting a team back after a beatdown loss. Year 6 is the most critical in history, because it is the next. Before that, 2012 was the most critical. Here we go again.

I'll be out of the country so I have an excuse not to go to a bowl game. These blowouts are too embarrassing and I can't stand watching our team play like this. I traveled to WI and MI games last year to witness those blowouts which made me wise enough not to go to the OSU this year. Until this coaching staff demonstrates that they can get the team ready for a team that is somewhat good, I will not be spending time and money travelling to watch them. 10 wins is something to be proud of and gives hope for the future but the blowouts will keep fans from travelling.