Eric Crouch non penalty vs Martinez non penalty

I hate playing the "What-if" game. However had this tackle seriously injured Taylor M we would not be making excuses as to why it happened. As I watch the body slam, I think he was just a few inches from hitting the top of his head against the turf. If refs don't want to discourage this type of activity, they need to keep their yellow hankies in their pocket. Someday someone will be hurt seriously or paralyzed for life from an incident like this. I know football is a contact sport but if tacklers knew that this action would bring an immediate suspension, I'll bet it would all but dissappear.

Biggest problem with the TM play is not really the hit. It's that nobody from our team seemed to give a sh#t that it happened.

I totally agree. The players actions and emotions after that play were indicative of the whole game. Very lackluster and lackadaisical. No one stepped up to protect their QB. It would have been completely justified if a player came flying in after the play and blindsided the LB. Game was out of hand, now you have to play for pride and for each other. It was disappointing to see the QB have to protect himself.

The only problem I have with the Borland play is that they flagged Kenny Bell for his perfectly legal block on Jamal's touchdown. You call one, you have to call the other.

I agree, but personally, I don't think either should be called.

It was a really good tackle. People land on their heads sometimes. It's football.

It sure looked to me that someone had told them to take Martinez out of the game. Right before the suplex on Tm, another guy dove right at his knee after the ball was gone. He went right for the lower leg. That leads me to believe that a coach told his defensive players to exact revenge one TM. Both of those players were complete BS and they were intending on hurting someone.

The only problem I have with the Borland play is that they flagged Kenny Bell for his perfectly legal block on Jamal's touchdown. You call one, you have to call the other.

I agree, but personally, I don't think either should be called.

It was a really good tackle. People land on their heads sometimes. It's football.

Agree. I'm only saying you have to flag neither, and if you flag one, you must flag the other.

And Taylor has only himself to blame for that tackle. He runs into people perfectly upright at slow speeds. If he lowered his shoulder and kept going instead of slowing down, he'd only get wrestled to the ground, not body-slammed or held up for others to come in and pop.