DE Antoine Miles [Purdue Commit]

jsneb83

Stole one from the big boys here. What a coup.........

I wouldn't exactly say that we stole one, his three biggest offers besides ours were Cincinnati, West Virginia and Pitt. I think time will tell if he's a steal or not.

I'd have to say Mich St was his best offer that I see above... For a team that coaches great defenses, I'll take that!

I don't see this guy as DT at all!! He will be a DE like Cam. Not really what I would like to see at DT. If we want to go hybrids at all other positions and be smaller. We should have 2 300 plus pound DT's. Maybe more of a NT and a 300 DT guy. Then you can get away with smaller size and ends and LB's. Hopefully this guy will fill out well!! He is definitely a project though.

For those freaking out about his 40 time, as others have said it is just an eye stat. It means jack. And it is the last thing I look at in regards to linemen because you know they are sprinting that far ask if the time. The more important figure to look at is his shuttle time. You know the pro agility test. Bursts of speed mixed with change of direction, a little more relating to the position than a 40.

Now that figure is 4.58. Pretty good for a lineman. For comparative purposes a fairly good DT that played here had a shuttle totime coming out of Oregon ran a 4.94. And he only had 16 pounds on Miles coming out of high school.

Good points, Paul. Shuttle time is probably the most overlooked stat, but IMO pure numbers from a combine setting mean far less than what players do between the lines. Also interesting Suh was only 266 lbs out of highschool.