Player: Matt Finnin

Hometown: Glen Ellyn, Illinois

School: College of Dupage (JUCO)

Position: OT

Height: 6' 8"

Weight: 330

40 Time:

bxWdCAb.gif

Offers: Akron, Baylor, Connecticut, Eastern Illinois, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Iowa State, Kansas, Marshall, Maryland, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, South Alabama, Toledo, Washington State, West Virginia, Western Kentucky

Official Visits: Kansas(12/07/12)

Rivals: :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star

Scout: NR

ESPN: NR

Film: http://www.hudl.com/...lights/16578373

Oklahoma and Nebraska have both offered him within the last week. Currently on a visit to Kansas. Not sure if he's a 3 for 2 or 2 for 2, have heard both on RSS. Considered one of the top tackles in the 2013 class. I'd love to get this guy, he's massive. Will be a May graduate. If he visits it looks like he's gonna have to come on his own dime. That might not be good. Unless one of his previous visits is not an OV.

Must be catching some attention. A month ago his top five were Fla. Intl., Kansas, Marshall, West Virginia and South Alabama. Picked up quite a few BCS offers since then.

Either that, or several schools are moving on to Plan B ...

We need tackles more than guards. Hes listed as OT but above is mentioned as a guard. Which one will he be??

Says that he will be taking a visit to Nebraska.

That we were one of the main schools that he was holding out for. Probably visit here sometime in January.

Says that Nebraska is just one of those schools that you don't pass up.

He's incredibly high on our program and still considers us to be elite, luckily.

I'm gonna delete the ones he has 'planned' until he takes them.

Deciding between Marshall and Kansas. Will announce Friday. Thought he was very high on Nebraska?

Deciding between Marshall and Kansas. Will announce Friday. Thought he was very high on Nebraska?

Any chance Knevel let our coaches know that he'll choose us tomorrow and that made us back off this guy?.....I have no clue how many OT's we are looking to take, but if Knevel commits that should give us 3 IIRC.

Any chance Knevel let our coaches know that he'll choose us tomorrow and that made us back off this guy?.....I have no clue how many OT's we are looking to take, but if Knevel commits that should give us 3 IIRC.

Not really sure. Still hoping we can get Cochran also.

Agreed. I think its highly likely we get Knevel. At tackle that would give us:

Samuelson (Although visitied MICH)

Hannon

Knevel

Cochran (if we get him)

I think we want 2 OT for sure. It seems like Knevel has told the coaches this, and Banderas broke the news before he was ready to announce. Thats not to say he didnt change his mind over the weekend. There is a big black cloud of negativity over the program right now, some from the blowout but most because of the fan base's piss poor attitiude right now. We lose a freakn GA and the fanbase is in an uproar. Fire Barney all over every social media sites, fire bo all over, and we wonder why kids dont pick us; wonder why we cant recruit any OL? Maybe because the fan base is all over the internet talking about how bad our OL coach seems to be, and rumors every single year that hes out the door. Best thing now is to get rid of him to shut the fan base up until our next loss.

:boxosoap

Hannon

Knevel

Cochran (if we get him)

Almost positive Samuelson and Hannon are guards..?

Hannon

Knevel

Cochran (if we get him)

Almost positive Samuelson and Hannon are guards..?

Both listed on here as tackles...thats what I was going off. So maybe they are guards.

I was thinking Hannon and Samuelson were both guards. With Kneval the only tackle so far I was hoping for a Juco tackle to help with depth the next couple of years. Sterup may be ready by next fall but he may be the only tackle we have recruited in the last 3 years that didn't leave the program or get injured. It takes most kids at least 2 years in the system before they are strong enough and mentally ready to play interior line in the Big 10.

Stopped out and spoke to a bunch of people I know out at IWCC tonight. This kid was a reach. Sorry, but. Saw film of Nash DOMINATING this kid. Made me think Mash may have been AT LEAST worth keeping tabs on. I do believe Gregory was the Bette player thoug.

Per ESPN:

It turns out junior college offensive tackle Matt Finnin (Crete, Ill./College of Dupage) was not ready to make a decision after all. It was the colleges that were ready for him to make a choice.

Finnin announced Monday he would make his commitment Friday between Kansas and Marshall. He told ESPN.com Tuesday that he will no longer make a commitment at the end of the week.

"Won't be committing Friday," he wrote in a text message. "Told schools pressuring me for a commitment that they should take another commitment if they need because I'm not ready to make a decision."

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/midwest/post/_/id/7451/juco-ot-matt-finnin-postpones-decision

[snip]

Edited by Nexus
Edited due to posting paid information

Taking a second look at him, run blocks well and he can get out in front of the ball carriers and block safeties. Good run blacker, pass blocking leaves a lot to be desired. If we can get him, he would add depth, I don't believe he would start though. Maybe at RT??

Taking a second look at him, run blocks well and he can get out in front of the ball carriers and block safeties. Good run blacker, pass blocking leaves a lot to be desired. If we can get him, he would add depth, I don't believe he would start though. Maybe at RT??

I think we would be trying to get him for 2014 when we lose our top 3 guys, wouldn't you say? Redshirt next year, as long as injuries do not occur, and have a more experienced guy (in comparison to sterup, knevel,, etc) once we lose a-rod, sirles, and qvale.

I think we would be trying to get him for 2014 when we lose our top 3 guys, wouldn't you say? Redshirt next year, as long as injuries do not occur, and have a more experienced guy (in comparison to sterup, knevel,, etc) once we lose a-rod, sirles, and qvale.

Could be, but I wouldnt consider ARod a top guy unless we are strictly speaking tackles. I expect Moudy to get snaps next year.

Could be, but I wouldnt consider ARod a top guy unless we are strictly speaking tackles. I expect Moudy to get snaps next year.

Yes, I was referring to tackles only. I saw Moudy won scout team player of the year for offense. Do you know if they have him at guard or tackle?

Yes, I was referring to tackles only. I saw Moudy won scout team player of the year for offense. Do you know if they have him at guard or tackle?

Was sounding like tackle. I could be wrong though. But I'm thinking tackle.

That's good to hear. I know it doesn't seem like it to most people but we are slowly growing a nice position group at OL. The OL this year was as good as it has been in a decade, and with some of the guys we have up and coming, it's only going to get better.

That's good to hear. I know it doesn't seem like it to most people but we are slowly growing a nice position group at OL. The OL this year was as good as it has been in a decade, and with some of the guys we have up and coming, it's only going to get better.

Yup. For all the flak directed at cotton, we've seen improvement year after year at OL. We're not yet where we need to be there but we're getting a heck of a lot closer. And fwiw, I think moudy will be a guard, though I suppose he could play right tackle.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to see Barney get canned after the bowl or after NSD (as well as Garrison) and get a better OL coach who can recruit better AND develop talent better.

On second thought, I'll take him in this class and not think twice and it will be a great pick up!!

My only wonder/worry/issue is that most of our OL recruits are 6-7 and 6-8. We are going to have to start recruiting 6-7 QBs pretty soon if we keep it up haha

Is confident that he will be granted a hardship and have 3 years to play at the school of his choice.

Stopped out and spoke to a bunch of people I know out at IWCC tonight. This kid was a reach. Sorry, but. Saw film of Nash DOMINATING this kid. Made me think Mash may have been AT LEAST worth keeping tabs on. I do believe Gregory was the Bette player thoug.

Great that he's still considering us... However, this concerns me. You said he sucks EZ-E?

Great that he's still considering us... However, this concerns me. You said he sucks EZ-E?

Thought he was a reach until I realized he will have three years to play at the school he chooses. Adds depth and gives us another body that we need. Nash did however kinda put it to him. However IWCC Was far better than Dupage.

Thought he was a reach until I realized he will have three years to play at the school he chooses. Adds depth and gives us another body that we need. Nash did however kinda put it to him. However IWCC Was far better than Dupage.

I know you have some sort of connection to IWCC... amazes me we don't recruit out of that school. Any ideas why?

I know you have some sort of connection to IWCC... amazes me we don't recruit out of that school. Any ideas why?

Has me scratching my head too... Especially since that Long kid was the #1 JUCO recruit in the nation.

Now we're fairly well stocked at wr but still...

Has me scratching my head too... Especially since that Long kid was the #1 JUCO recruit in the nation.

Now we're fairly well stocked at wr but still...

Still could of used a 5 star WR. We have ample room in this class

We did offer Deon Long. But no school besides Maryland was going to sign him. His relationship with Mike Locksley was going to win out no matter.

We did offer Deon Long. But no school besides Maryland was going to sign him. His relationship with Mike Locksley was going to win out no matter.

We never went to IWCC to visit with the coaches or any of the players etc. We should be building a pipeline to IWCC

We never went to IWCC to visit with the coaches or any of the players etc. We should be building a pipeline to IWCC

Long committed in June. He wasn't coming here. I'm pretty close to the AD at IWCC and let's just say NU knows what they are doing here. A few improvements need to be made, but overall it isn't as big of a deal as the talking heads are trying to make it.

Long committed in June. He wasn't coming here. I'm pretty close to the AD at IWCC and let's just say NU knows what they are doing here. A few improvements need to be made, but overall it isn't as big of a deal as the talking heads are trying to make it.

Coach Stro said NU never stopped by. All the recruits said NU never really reached out to them. Something seems off. Have no idea how that adds up to some master plan. Stop by just to say Hi. It isn't like it is a 4 hr drive. While Bo is coaching the defense Pap could go say hello.

I've had conversations with people on this board about my feelings towards the situation. I'll leave it at that.

Give Finnins Arods scholarship!!

LOL...ok that's not really funnny, but man did Arod look slow today terrible. Hopefully he can get his sh#t together for next season. Alot of high hopes for him.

1) A-Rod is a guard who is playing OT because we lack depth at OT.

2) A-Rod and the oline mostly held their own against an ultra-talented defense. Jarvis Jones will go top 5 in this years NFL draft, and has a history of making olinemen look stupid and slow. Ogletree is another guy that could come out and go in the 1st round, and there are no fewer than 3 more guys on UGA's defense that could go drafted.

Would I say he is the best OT in Husker history? No, but he and the o-line did a commendable job given what they were going against.

• Upvote 4

1) A-Rod is a guard who is playing OT because we lack depth at OT.

2) A-Rod and the oline mostly held their own against an ultra-talented defense. Jarvis Jones will go top 5 in this years NFL draft, and has a history of making olinemen look stupid and slow. Ogletree is another guy that could come out and go in the 1st round, and there are no fewer than 3 more guys on UGA's defense that could go drafted.

Would I say he is the best OT in Husker history? No, but he and the o-line did a commendable job given what they were going against.

Ok sorry your right. but he still was really slow coming out of his stance, just need to keep him inside IMO

It is a zero big deal. Period. Not sure how many people know how it works but coaches talk all the time, ALL THE TIME.

• Upvote 1