SIGNED OT Matt Finnin

Brouhaha

Deciding between Marshall and Kansas. Will announce Friday. Thought he was very high on Nebraska?

Any chance Knevel let our coaches know that he'll choose us tomorrow and that made us back off this guy?.....I have no clue how many OT's we are looking to take, but if Knevel commits that should give us 3 IIRC.

Not really sure. Still hoping we can get Cochran also.

Agreed. I think its highly likely we get Knevel. At tackle that would give us:

Samuelson (Although visitied MICH)

Hannon

Knevel

Cochran (if we get him)

Almost positive Samuelson and Hannon are guards..?

Both listed on here as tackles...thats what I was going off. So maybe they are guards.

I was thinking Hannon and Samuelson were both guards. With Kneval the only tackle so far I was hoping for a Juco tackle to help with depth the next couple of years. Sterup may be ready by next fall but he may be the only tackle we have recruited in the last 3 years that didn't leave the program or get injured. It takes most kids at least 2 years in the system before they are strong enough and mentally ready to play interior line in the Big 10.

Stopped out and spoke to a bunch of people I know out at IWCC tonight. This kid was a reach. Sorry, but. Saw film of Nash DOMINATING this kid. Made me think Mash may have been AT LEAST worth keeping tabs on. I do believe Gregory was the Bette player thoug.

Per ESPN:

It turns out junior college offensive tackle Matt Finnin (Crete, Ill./College of Dupage) was not ready to make a decision after all. It was the colleges that were ready for him to make a choice.

Finnin announced Monday he would make his commitment Friday between Kansas and Marshall. He told ESPN.com Tuesday that he will no longer make a commitment at the end of the week.

"Won't be committing Friday," he wrote in a text message. "Told schools pressuring me for a commitment that they should take another commitment if they need because I'm not ready to make a decision."

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/midwest/post/_/id/7451/juco-ot-matt-finnin-postpones-decision

[snip]

Edited by Nexus
Edited due to posting paid information

Taking a second look at him, run blocks well and he can get out in front of the ball carriers and block safeties. Good run blacker, pass blocking leaves a lot to be desired. If we can get him, he would add depth, I don't believe he would start though. Maybe at RT??

Taking a second look at him, run blocks well and he can get out in front of the ball carriers and block safeties. Good run blacker, pass blocking leaves a lot to be desired. If we can get him, he would add depth, I don't believe he would start though. Maybe at RT??

I think we would be trying to get him for 2014 when we lose our top 3 guys, wouldn't you say? Redshirt next year, as long as injuries do not occur, and have a more experienced guy (in comparison to sterup, knevel,, etc) once we lose a-rod, sirles, and qvale.

I think we would be trying to get him for 2014 when we lose our top 3 guys, wouldn't you say? Redshirt next year, as long as injuries do not occur, and have a more experienced guy (in comparison to sterup, knevel,, etc) once we lose a-rod, sirles, and qvale.

Could be, but I wouldnt consider ARod a top guy unless we are strictly speaking tackles. I expect Moudy to get snaps next year.

Could be, but I wouldnt consider ARod a top guy unless we are strictly speaking tackles. I expect Moudy to get snaps next year.

Yes, I was referring to tackles only. I saw Moudy won scout team player of the year for offense. Do you know if they have him at guard or tackle?

Yes, I was referring to tackles only. I saw Moudy won scout team player of the year for offense. Do you know if they have him at guard or tackle?

Was sounding like tackle. I could be wrong though. But I'm thinking tackle.

That's good to hear. I know it doesn't seem like it to most people but we are slowly growing a nice position group at OL. The OL this year was as good as it has been in a decade, and with some of the guys we have up and coming, it's only going to get better.

That's good to hear. I know it doesn't seem like it to most people but we are slowly growing a nice position group at OL. The OL this year was as good as it has been in a decade, and with some of the guys we have up and coming, it's only going to get better.

Yup. For all the flak directed at cotton, we've seen improvement year after year at OL. We're not yet where we need to be there but we're getting a heck of a lot closer. And fwiw, I think moudy will be a guard, though I suppose he could play right tackle.