Anyone Remember This?

drummer7

When I was little my dad had a tape with a parody of the song "Big Bad John" by Jimmy Dean called "Mighty Big Red". I've looked a lot of places for this for a long time, and I can only find people looking for the same thing. Anyone here remember that song and/or know where I can find it?

When I was little my dad had a tape with a parody of the song "Big Bad John" by Jimmy Dean called "Mighty Big Red". I've looked a lot of places for this for a long time, and I can only find people looking for the same thing. Anyone here remember that song and/or know where I can find it?

we had it on a 45 and just sold the record at my dad's estate auction. I remember it very well

we had it on a 45 and just sold the record at my dad's estate auction. I remember it very well

Darn I definitely would have bought that from you.

Is this it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doFUZ3CT470

and it's called Ode to the Big Red

Not it, but cool vid.

You can hear Jimmy Dean's version here.

• 7 months later...

You might try to call Husker Hounds. If I remember correctly, he might have had a copy of Mighty Big Red, or they should know where to find it.

I had a copy on cassette someplace.

Dad has a 45 of Ode to the Big Red

My younger brother had a 45 by "Mad Mike" that had "Big Red Fever Attack" and "A matter of time till Nebraska's #1" or maybe it was called "Tribute to Tom Osborne"

• 1 year later...

• 1 year later...